Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How do I find out how many books I have on my Kindle Fire?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2014 9:05:27 PM PST
Sharon A says:
I have looked and looked and still can't find the answer. How do I find out how many books I have on my Kindle Fire? I know there are a lot, but is there some way to find out exactly how many books are on my Fire? I also have a Paperwhite and right there on the screen it shows me how many books are on it. Please can someone tell me what I have to do to find out how many books are on my Fire?

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 9:06:39 PM PST
Count them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 9:09:45 PM PST
at the top, books then device then count them as Erin stated

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 10:08:07 PM PST
Sharon A says:
There is no way to see the total without counting them? There are hundreds. I would think there would be a total count somewhere like on the Paperwhite and earlier models... I guess not, eh?

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 11:52:37 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2014 12:33:31 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
there is no count of books on the Kindle Fire HD 2012, so I'd presume there aren't any on any of the others and really, as far as space occupied by books, you can see how much is taken up by looking at Settings - Device - Storage, but books are tiny compared to audio books, videos, apps or music

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2014 12:51:14 AM PST
Sue says:
On the home page of the Paperwhite it will tell you how many books you have and the device. I check mine all the time because I find too many books that I like and I have to keep track of the amount of books on my device.

I am not sure how to tell how many books on the Fire HDX because I do not download any books on mine. I do not read any books on my Fire. It is too hard on my eyes.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2014 12:52:01 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
I use the sepia background and turn the light down and it's OK for reading

Posted on Sep 5, 2014 11:39:15 AM PDT
Before they changed the Amazon.com website , you went to your books and it told you exactly how many you have, now.. not so much. I have like over 300. I don't have time to sit and count rows of books. That was the stupidest change ever. To the person that said it doesn't matter how many you have. Yes it does, if you are the type of person that enjoys keeping up with that and downloads a lot of books. Boo to Amazon for that change.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2014 11:40:09 AM PDT
Could you be any more condescending.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2014 12:23:37 PM PDT
T. Cannon says:
Erin probably could be we try not to encourage it.

Posted on Sep 7, 2014 11:16:26 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 7, 2014 11:38:56 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2014 9:14:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2014 9:15:35 AM PDT
Avarren says:
You don't read often, do you, Ms. Argast? I have at least 500 e-books as of the last time Amazon's website displayed such information, and I'd rather like to be able to know what that exact number is.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2014 9:27:15 AM PDT
This won't help with how many are on the device, but for just a total count:

Click on your Account up at the top of the page.
Scroll down to the Digital content section
Click on Your Collection
Sign in
Next to View click on the little down arrow - you should see a total for books.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2014 9:30:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2014 9:31:32 AM PDT
J. Gatie says:
Actually, this is a rather tame post by our resident "knows-so-much-that-just-isn't-true " poster child Erin. I can say with the utmost confidence that he/she/it can be **much** more condescending, not to mention **much** more oblivious. I suggest you do like the rest of us and ignore him/her/it.

Posted on Sep 17, 2014 9:45:49 AM PDT
Carbonbased says:
On Fire HD 8.9--Home>Books>Device
Icons are in rows of four; three complete rows show, half of the next.
Place thumb on first book cover in half-row, say "one" and slide thumb to top of page.
Place thumb on first book cover in half-row, say "two" and slide thumb to top of page.
Repeat until books won't go to top, count books from thumb down.
Multiply last slider number by 12, add the thumb-down count, voila. 342

On my KK, it shows a count of "items" but in Collections view, that's not very accurate.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2014 10:13:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2014 10:14:14 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
nope, because it considers a collection = an item and then doesn't count the books/items inside the collection

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2014 10:19:49 AM PDT
Carbonbased says:
Mostly I was just taking up the "more condescending" challenge.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2014 2:36:42 PM PDT
Scott Davies says:
"Stupidest change ever" -- YES!!!!

I KNOW that I have over 2000 . . . and THINK I have less than 3000 . . . and have a very slow connection. I sometimes wonder how long it would take the entire list to flow onto my screen. Days? Weeks?

Thanks for mentioning that the situation now is due to a website change. I knew that I USED to be able to find my total with no hassle, and was getting annoyed at myself for forgetting how I used to do it. But thanks to your comment, I now know that it's not my fault -- the blame lies with Jeff Bezos!

BTW, the actual reason why I was Googling for Amazon help just now was to try to find out on how to remove unwanted credit card options and shipping addresses. But after getting confirmation from you that ebook totals have been made unavailable BY INTENT, I may give up on the other info I was searching for, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2014 2:49:17 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Why not just go to http://kindle.amazon.com? Click on the Your Books at the top and see how many you have.

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 5:06:21 PM PDT
Sharon A says:
Yes, it's easy enough to go to your account and see how many books you have. My first Kindle (the first one made) was kind enough to show me that I had over 2,000 books on it which is why it "broke" while searching, so I knew to back up and archive most of the books and now it works. My Paperwhite is also kind enough to let me know how many publications are on it, so I can manage it better, and move the books around to the other Kindles. My Kindle Fire HD shows me nothing. Yes, I can live without it, but for me such a stat would be helpful just like seeing how much money is in each bank account and what went to where. I read and do a lot on the Fire. You would think something as simple as a count of items, broken down by kind of item wouldn't be that hard to implement, especially on a device as sophisticated as the Fire.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2014
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions