Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire hd charging

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 81 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 3, 2012 12:43:49 AM PDT
Gill says:
Hello

Just received my new KIndle Fire HD which comes wiht a USB lead. Will my Kindle charge properly with a USB lead, or could it be better to use a wall charger?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 1:02:09 AM PDT
M M - It would work way better to use a wall outlet. Charging a Fire with a USB cable can take up to 12 hours. Do you have a cell phone charger that's at least 1.8 amps? If so, that will work. Or you can get Amazon Kindle 9W PowerFast Adapter for Accelerated Charging

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 3:44:16 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 3, 2012 3:46:26 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
What Pineapple said. The charger below will also work. So will a wall charger for an iPad that accepts a standard usb cable. So will just about any charger designed for a tablet that has a microUSB connection. Amazon has a number of chargers that work. So does you local electronics store.

PowerGen Dual Port USB 2.1A 10W AC Travel Wall Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, Amazon Kindle, Kindle DX, Kindle Fire / Noble Nook Color / HTC Flyer / Samsung Galaxy Tab Series (USB Cable not included) - White

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:16:40 AM PDT
does anybody why my kindle fire hd didnt charge i wake and didnt charge is not charging =(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 7:46:35 AM PDT
jsh1120 says:
You're going to have to try asking that question again.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 7:58:35 AM PDT
ok i was on my kindle fire hd all day on my wau home i put it to charge lst nite and it didnt and it wont charge now i tried 2 different charger as well

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 8:04:05 AM PDT
If the battery is dead it will need to be plugged in for a while - maybe a couple of hours, depending on the charger - before it will even turn on so you can see if it is charging. Just leave it on the charger for a few hours, then try turning it on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 9:02:46 AM PDT
okay im going to do just that ! thannxx ill tell how it goes!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:21:58 PM PST
can i charge my devise using a computer? will it charge if im using the device? does my computer have to be on in order to charge my kindle? and finally does my kindle show that it is actively charging when plugged in?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:32:56 PM PST
@Nursing: Yes it will charge, but very slowly. Most computers do not put power through their USB sockets unless they are switched on. You can see the charge increasing in different ways on different models of Kindle.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 10:38:09 PM PST
Maxi3D says:
Will my Kindle Fire charger also work with the HD version?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 11:37:43 PM PST
Yes. The charger from the original Fire will work on the HD.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 4:55:09 PM PST
would the wall piece from the iphone charger work ? like the piece that actually goes into the wall not the cord? i was wondering so i wouldnt need to pay for the piece exactly like it for no reason

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:59:58 PM PST
If you plug the Kindle's USB cable into the plug portion, yes, that would probably work fine.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 6:17:18 AM PST
yvonne says:
My samsung galaxy2 charger fits and charges my kindle fire hd... is it ok to use that?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2012 6:50:40 AM PST
Gill says:
Would always recommend using official charger for gadgets.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:22:16 AM PST
Elsa Alamos says:
Check the cable they may all look the same but they are not (personal expirience)

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 1:28:53 AM PST
Elsa Alamos says:
The cable that it come with Kindle is only for download .The cable for charge comes with the wall charger is a very tiny tiny difference between the two USB's

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 1:36:26 AM PST
Elsa Alamos says:
Check the cable they may all look the same but they are not (personal expirience)

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 4:12:54 AM PST
CarolB says:
Can you use the charger for the original kindle to charge the Kindle Fire HD

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 9:04:19 AM PST
How do I know if my Kindle Fire HD is charging? I have it correctly connected to a micro usb wall charger and it just shows a battery icon with one bar. It doesn't show any sign of doing anything. Is this correct for charging?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2012 10:49:09 PM PST
can I charge the kindle fire HD with the original Kindle Keyboard 3G wall charger?

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 9:03:58 AM PST
OK, wife just opened the kindle fire hd I got her for Christmas and the is no charger, only a cable that says to plug it into a usb charging devise. Not shure I have any of those. Would like to play with it sometime today, can I simply plug the usb plug into our destop cpmputer to charge or will I need to get a charger tommorow. Kina wish there was something about needing extra stuff in the info on amazon when I ordered.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 4:22:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 4:25:24 PM PST
I just got a new kindle fire HD for Christmas, but I did not know that it only comes with a USB. I don't have a computer or access to one. My 1st generation kindle fire came with a wall charger, but it is now broken. I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus cell phone that came with a USB/wall plug charger (2 in 1) the wire from my Kindle Fire HD (7 inch) usb fits into the plug portion of my cell phone wall charger. If I use the kindle USB wire with the Samsung plug can I safely charge my Kindle Fire HD (7 inch)? The voltage on plug states 100-240 volts -50-60Hz 0.15A. Can I also use the old kindle fire ac adapters ( non HD version) on the new HD? Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:11:29 AM PST
CHAching says:
We had to unplug and plug in a couple times before it seemed to connect to the charger ? And your power display will turn green when your getting a good connection !
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  81
Initial post:  Nov 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 18, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions