Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 14, 2012 9:00:48 PM PDT
Thimble says:
I have a Kindle 3G Wi-FI. My husband is thinknig about getting me the fire for my birthday. Does it have the Wi-Fi buit in? I am really new to the fire as you can see

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 9:03:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2012 9:10:26 PM PDT
Q says:
Yes, it has wireless for WiFi, just like the regular Kindle, but no 3G, so you can't connect anywhere. You have to be near a WiFi signal from a nearby router.

BTW, if he gets it for you, here is a *really* good manual for the Fire with a lot of how-to photos. It's pricey at $9.99, but is exceptionally well-presented. I got it free on one of their free offers that Amazon offers daily.

"My Kindle Fire"
My Kindle Fire (My...)

It is best read in color, but you can even buy it now and read it on your Kindle for PC/Mac app on your computer while you wait for the Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 9:12:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2012 9:14:00 PM PDT
Thimble says:
Thanks for your info. I have a router here at home, but was unsure about downloading if we go on a trip. So I will just download everything before I go off - do you love your Fire? Also, thanks about the book information. Have put it on my "wish list" at Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 9:21:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2012 9:22:12 PM PDT
Q says:
I really enjoy my Fire and even read on it (if I set the books to a black background with white text. Easier on my eyes.) I browse the web, read articles, read National Geographic, can zoom photos (colors and images are *very* sharp), watch free Prime movies, listen to music and play the occasional game. Some of the apps are very handy. When I pop into McDonalds, Starbucks or B&N, I can quickly connect to the internet.

I still often read on my e-ink Kindle in good lighting (and it is less distracting/tempting!)

BTW, if you go to the page for that Kindle manual, you can see several videos by him and read some of the reviews.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 9:57:19 PM PDT
A. says:
I didn't think I'd like reading on the Fire. I got it for other reasons. But I find myself going to it more than my Touch (or K2). I like the bright screen. Although I keep the brightness turned down to 60-75%.

Curly, I thought the same thing about downloading books. But since I got the Fire, I realized that I am seldom away from a wifi spot. Those things are everywhere. It's funny. We were just on vacation out in the middle of nowhere. Passed a tiny grocery store. Their sign out front read "Beer Ice Wifi". Ahhh, the priorities. ;)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
what is wan peek 3 6 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2411 9 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 4098 10 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 1577 10 minutes ago
Why is it so hard to log out of Amazon? 202 18 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2535 29 minutes ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 5765 38 minutes ago
Does Kindle Freetime not use the SD card?! 3 38 minutes ago
Prime Video error code 57 6 45 minutes ago
Big thanks to Kindle for ruining my ebook experience 1309 48 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions