Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

organize photos

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2012 4:53:39 AM PST
While I can put the photos in date order, the minute I touch any of them they revert to some random order. How can I view them in date order?

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:38:55 AM PST
Fud53 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 12:24:06 PM PST
2. This is Amazon (Amazon's Discussion forum) and 1. I have read the users guide. If it would have addressed this I wouldn't be asking the question. I'd love to hear from someone who is knowledgeable about this.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:36:12 PM PST
Ignore Fud, he's only here to tell people to go away.

About all you can do with Photos is create folders under the Photo folder using your PC and USB connection, and sort your photo files into those.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:36:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 12:37:30 PM PST
Hi Eddice,

Which Kindle Fire do you have? I don't have an answer for you regarding picture order, but it would be helpful to others trying to help you if we had that info.

Just overlook Fud; he posts that way to garner attention to himself and a lot of people who frequent this forum have him on ignore. (you can ignore him, too, by clicking on "Ignore this customer" under his post on the right side)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:22:28 AM PST
Thank you for responding. I have a first generation Kindle Fire (no HD).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 5:48:57 AM PST
Hi Eddice,

I also have the 1st Generation Fire. I don't have many pictures on it, but it seems mine are in an alphabetical file order.

I organize my Pictures on my computer and have file-named and titled them in the order I want... for example, I might have a folder called "Chrissy's Graduation" and all my pics in that folder are named "Chrissy's Graduation 001.jpg", "Chrissy's Graduation 002.jpg", etc... and when I copy that folder (via USB) to my Kindle's photo folder, in the Galaxy app the folder is there and inside it are the pics in that alpha/numerical order.

Perhaps put the date first in the file name? for example, 2012-09-21-filename.jpg?

Sorry, I know that's not very helpful.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions