Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Can't view office docs sent as email attachments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 4, 2014 11:05:14 AM PDT
sunetra sen says:
I can't view office docs (.doc, .docx) send as email attachments on my kindle. I can't view the attachment on opening the mail (so I obviously can't click or download or do anything else).

I have my company email (exchange server) and my gmail configured on my kindle. This problem happens with both.

Btw, I can view and open and read pdf attachments on my kindle.

Any help or suggestion?

Many thanks,

Best,
Sunetra

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2014 11:08:47 AM PDT
**Meya** says:
Is your Kindle a Fire? You need one of the apps that can be used to read Office documents. Here is the free one:

OfficeSuite 8 Free

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 11:51:20 PM PDT
sunetra sen says:
Hi Meya,
Yes, mine is a Kindle Fire HD (I got this recently).

What I meant was that in my Kindle, emails with Office files as attachments appear as emails "without any attachment". I can't see the attachment to be able to download it or try and read with the help of a third party app. Infact, I already have the Kingsoft office installed on my device.

Any suggestions on why this is happening and a solution? :-)

Many thanks in advance.

Best,
Sunetra

Posted on Aug 20, 2014 5:18:36 PM PDT
Zoeygirl says:
What happened?? I've had my kindle fire HD for 7 months and never had a problem opening, downloading or saving attachments. Suddenly, I can't. Doesn't matter if it's a jpeg photo, a Word doc, a pdf, etc. I have all the appropriate apps (ES File Explorer, Adobe, Office Suite, GoToApp, etc). Something happened behind the scenes, rendering the Kindle essentially useless for sharing files and photos. HELP!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 4, 2014
Latest post:  Aug 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions