Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Fidlar $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Similar authors to Vince Flynn and Brad Thor ??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 7, 2010 1:33:44 PM PST
Hi
During the 11 months since I got my Kindle for xmas I've read all of Flynn and Thor books.

I need some new authors !! Authors with the same main character like Scot Harvath and Mitch Rapp.

Any tips ??

Endre

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 1:42:57 PM PST
LadyH95 says:
I have found the website www.literature-map.com helpful in these instances. You enter in an author, and it gives a graphical representation of author authors that are similar in style / genre.

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 1:47:39 PM PST
quilt lover says:
Try Lee Child

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 2:01:08 PM PST
daBircher2 says:
I agree, Lee Child's Jack Reacher is great!

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 3:18:05 PM PST
Indie authors Zack Hamric and Gordon Ryan, Tom Clancy of course.

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 3:29:06 PM PST
Sirk Roh says:
I've read and thoroughly enjoyed all of Flynn's and Thor's books also. Lee Child's Jack Reacher's series is excellent, but a little different. If you are looking for espionage, I would highly recommend Daniel Silva's series with Gabriel Allon as the protagonist. I'd also recommend Alex Berenson's series with John Wells as the protagonist.

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 4:53:27 PM PST
Perhaps Bian Haig?

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 5:09:40 PM PST
My favorite is Ted Bell- he writes the Alex Hawke series (think modern James Bond). The first book is Hawke. Excellent and great fun!

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 5:23:49 PM PST
Alex Berenson is excellent! He has 4 books so far. I believe The Faithful Spy: A Novel is the first one.

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 11:13:45 PM PST
Gordon Ryan says:
Endre, try John Gilstrap, one of my long time favorites. I have read most everyone else recommended on this page, and I like Gilstrap's Jonathan Grave character quite well. His first Grave book, No Mercy and the latest, Hostage Zero are excellent.

Gordon Ryan
State of Rebellion | Uncivil Liberties
Book trailer videos on book page under Reviews

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 1:23:34 AM PST
Vince Flynn's publisher used a quote from me to help break him into the UK market. "Vince Flynn is Tom Clancy on speed!' I kid you not! Sadly he wouldn't return the favor!

My publisher Hodder and Stoughton has just slashed the price of my first Spider Shepherd book Hard Landing to 79 cents so I'm hoping it will do well in the States...

This is huge because Hodder have always been keen to keep the prices of eBooks high. But my agent and I have persuaded them to cut the price of Hard Landing to see what happens. If we can show that sales do rise when the price falls then they will have an incentive to cut the prices of more of my backlist.

If you've ever wanted to buy one of my regular thrillers but have been put off by the high prices, now's the chance to buy one for one tenth of the price of the paperback.

And it's a chance to show one of the biggest publishers in the UK that lowering prices does work!

I'm not sure how long it will be at this low price so do check that it is 79 cents if/when you buy.

And please post a review saying that you bought it because it was cheap. If enough people do that it'll send them a very clear message!

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 5:21:26 AM PST
Just checked Hard Landing- priced at $7.52 in USA.

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 9:09:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2010 9:11:02 AM PST
@Common Sense Colorado- Thanks for the mention!

You guys already named my favorites! In the same vein of one man fighting long odds, you might also think about Stephen Hunter.....

Zack
Blank Slate (A Kyle Jackle Thriller)
Crescent Rising (Ryan Black Thriller)

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 1:17:45 PM PST
Yep, I see Hard Landing at $7.52 as well. I would wait for the price to go down on an author I do not know and comments made regarding errors on one of the reviews. Some of these reviews are from 3 to 5 years ago. Might try it for around a buck but not at almost $8.

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 1:18:22 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 1:57:55 PM PST
JP Reader Me says:
Anybody read Christopher Reich - I've been thinking of giving him a try

Rules of Deception

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 2:25:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2010 2:26:06 PM PST
Coach D says:
I would also suggest David Morrell, author of The League of Night and Fog: A Novel and The Naked Edge and several other great action thrillers.

Another favorite of mine is Jon Land, author of The Seven Sins: The Tyrant Ascending, Strong Justice: A Caitlin Strong Novel and a whole bunch of other stories. Check out some of his earlier stories from the 90's. He has a couple of characters that are very cool and you will enjoy for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 2:28:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2010 2:29:30 PM PST
You'll enjoy Christopher Reich...just finished Rules of Deception...

Zack

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 2:36:22 PM PST
Coach D says:
My publisher Hodder and Stoughton has just slashed the price of my first Spider Shepherd book Hard Landing to 79 cents so I'm hoping it will do well in the States...

This is huge because Hodder have always been keen to keep the prices of eBooks high. But my agent and I have persuaded them to cut the price of Hard Landing to see what happens. If we can show that sales do rise when the price falls then they will have an incentive to cut the prices of more of my backlist.

If you've ever wanted to buy one of my regular thrillers but have been put off by the high prices, now's the chance to buy one for one tenth of the price of the paperback.

And it's a chance to show one of the biggest publishers in the UK that lowering prices does work!

I'm not sure how long it will be at this low price so do check that it is 79 cents if/when you buy.

And please post a review saying that you bought it because it was cheap. If enough people do that it'll send them a very clear message!
Stephen,

You know I am checking on Hard Landing. It is still going for $7.52 in America. I did download the sample and I am enjoying it very much. Can't wait to read the whole thing and get started on the Dan Shepherd group of novels.

I be checking. . . . . .

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 3:37:55 PM PST
Try the series by James K Rollins, I love his writing.....also Robert Ludlums series.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2011 1:20:42 PM PDT
Toni Melton says:
I have and really have enjoyed his books

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 2:04:07 PM PST
Roger Weston says:
FYI - Vince Flynn's Transfer of Power of Power is a free Kindle download today over at Pixel of Ink. Make sure you follow their links to get it free.

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 2:12:09 PM PST
Gordon Ryan says:
Boy, this thread has been buried a long time. Thanks for the tip on Transfer of Power. One of mine is up free today also.

Uncivil Liberties (A Pug Connor Novel #2)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 12:08:20 PM PDT
Agree with everything but Silva. His last three books have been 'cut and paste'.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 10:04:07 AM PDT
F. Gant says:
Haig is good with his Sean Drummond series, but without this character, his other books are blah.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Software Update for Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle
0 23 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 Jun 18, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
lending library 0 4 minutes ago
Kindle Fire HD won't charge?! 307 4 minutes ago
September 2015 Informal Poll, What are you reading? 119 37 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 5393 44 minutes ago
Silk 2 47 minutes ago
Welcome To The Quirky Zoo! Home To Many Exotic and Everyday Creatures Including a Platypus! 7916 52 minutes ago
Amazon Echo 6810 58 minutes ago
I ordered a video and it didn't download 1 1 hour ago
Oops, Paperwhite was registered to purchaser, and not changed 1 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions