Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Reporting typographical errors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 14, 2013 2:50:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2013 11:08:06 PM PST
What is the best way to report print errors in a book you order? I initially used the feedback at the bottom of the page. I then got an email a bit later requesting that I follow up by chat or a phone call. I followed up by chat, but the person only walked me through your typical troubleshooting steps such as power-cycling etc... I am at this point left feeling like I didn't accomplish anything.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 11:08:56 PM PST
Anyone at all have any thoughts on this?

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 11:18:55 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
If the person you get doesn't understand what you are calling about then ask for a supervisor. There is no way a print errors would require a power cycling reset.

Your best bet is to call during business hours on the West Coast to get a US based call center, I have had better success dealing with them then the overseas call center during off hours.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 11:19:55 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
I use the feedback at the bottom of the page, report exactly where the problem is and never call them back - usually they just ask for more details in the emails

also, for some kindles, there's an option to Report Content Error while reading the book (it's under the More section after the definition comes up)

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 3:26:13 AM PST
I am not a proofreader. One or two errors I don't complain. Enough errors to make reading unpleasant get reported by the process at the bottom of the page and by an email to the publisher. It is my assumption that enough complaints would get a book pulled until it's corrected and might possibly influence publishers, and indies, into doing their own proofreading.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 5:49:46 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
also, write a review of the ook - if the problem gets corrected, you can always go back and change it

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2013 5:21:22 PM PDT
J. Fried says:
Thanks for the suggestion to use the "More" section to "Report Content Error." This is what Amazon would like as well because it provides them with the exact location of the error along with text you provide explaining the problem. As for me, i'm happy to spend a moment improving the quality of the book, so thanks for the information and i hope more people will see it that way so that we all benefit from helping each other.

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 5:35:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2013 5:36:43 PM PDT
I usually do it exactly the same way that I did with a paper book. That would be, of course, I didn't. If the book is so bad it's not worth reading or that Amazon should be ashamed to sell it, I report it using this feedback button at the end of the product page for the specific book. The Feedback says:
" Would you like to report poor quality or formatting in this book? Click here"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2013 6:14:58 PM PDT
J. Fried says:
Thanks for explaining how to do it for a paper book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Feb 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions