Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How to transfer books from Cloud Reader to my actual Kindle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 3:17:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 3:18:30 PM PST
S. Emch says:
I just bought a book online and when I went to hit the "Buy with one click" the scroll-down menu said Kindle Cloud Reader, it didn't pick up my Kindle which is on my wireless network. I don't know why!

Also, I don't see a 'send to kindle' option! This is very frustrating.

There are no books in my archives, just the two articles from Kindle I recently read, my books just show in the Home screen.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:22:38 PM PST
Which Kindle do you have?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:25:49 PM PST
S. Emch says:
I'm pretty sure it's the Amazon Kindle 2 or 3.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 3:28:42 PM PST
OK, try this.

Turn wifi on, on your Kindle
Then "Check and Sync"
Then, from the Home page, click on your Archives.

Is the book listed in there?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:31:32 PM PST
S. Emch says:
I've done this multiple times, the only thing I have in my Archives is an article named, 'Kindle User's Guide'

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:38:35 PM PST
 Ann says:
There are two possibilities:

1. You are not logging into the same Amazon account that you used when you registered your Kindle and purchased your previous books. If your Kindle isn't listed in the "Deliver to" menu on a book's product page, this is likely the reason. If you need help accessing the correct account, go to http://amazon.com/kindlesupport and click the "Contact Us" button.

2. The book you bought isn't compatible with your Kindle. Some books are formatted by the publisher to work only on certain devices. If that's the case, it will be noted on the book's product page, and your Kindle will be grayed-out on the "Deliver to" menu.

If you purchased a book using the wrong account, or the book isn't compatible with your Kindle, you can return it within 7 days from your "Manage Your Kindle" page - http://amazon.com/myk.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 4:23:59 PM PST
S. Emch says:
Oh, somehow my Kindle wasn't on the right account...thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 8:41:14 PM PST
See my books in archive and on kindle cloud but won't switch to device so I can read on kindle

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 8:57:55 PM PST
my ebooks come up with azw3 I can read them on my PC but I cant transfer them to my kindle

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2013 6:05:30 AM PST
Jeanette, if you are purchasing books from Amazon, you will need to download a different copy for each device. You can't just transfer books from Kindle for PC onto a Kindle.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions