Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle and Daylight Saving Time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2012 4:51:01 PM PDT
Does Kindle Paperwhite (Wi-Fi only) have a mechanism to automatically adjust the clock for Daylight Saving Time as long as wireless in on?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012 4:51:41 PM PDT
Yes.

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 12:35:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 3, 2012 12:37:55 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 12:36:24 PM PDT
Does the Kindle Fire HD adjust for Daylight Saving Time?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 12:37:49 PM PDT
quilt lover says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 12:39:36 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 3, 2012 12:42:08 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 12:42:26 PM PDT
Time does not change until 2am Sunday morning, so clock now is correct. Will it change tomorrow if connected to Wi-Fi?

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 1:18:02 PM PDT
Yes, it will adjust just fine. Computers have been handling daylight saving time properly for at least 20 years now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 1:47:04 PM PDT
Thank you - know all my other devices do, but there is also a setting on my Dell not to auto adjust - "only time will tell"...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 5:26:00 PM PDT
quilt lover says:
So Bruce, does this mean mine will change even though I am in a "non daylight savings" area? I guess I'll find out in the morning, but my phone keeps the correct time, but that is from cell towers and not wi-fi.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2012 5:33:03 PM PDT
Your Kindle won't change, Quilt lover. As long as your Kindle can access the cell towers, the towers in your area will send a time check as needed.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 3:37:22 AM PST
I am in the Eastern US zone, My Paperwhite WIFI only, did not change time. I did turn Airplane Mode off and did a Sync and Check for items.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 4:23:55 AM PST
Mary McManus says:
I have both wi-fi and 3G on my paperwhite and as of Sunday morning a little after 6 am Central Time, it did not change. So I went to Settings/Device Options/Device Time. Then I turned off the automatic, set it to the correct time according to my atomic clocks, then turned automatic back on so that it will make any necessary day to day changes. Now I need to check my other Kindles to make sure they are all on the same page, so to speak.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:28:09 AM PST
quilt lover says:
Well, obviously no access to cell towers, but it didn't change with the wi-fi on, so that's good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:44:55 AM PST
Just Peachy says:
Same here. I changed it manually.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:47:06 AM PST
R. Acoya says:
I overnighted in Phoenix, and awakened to find my computer, KK (wifi off) and atomic clock had adjusted to reflect PST (they generally reside in southern CA) but my cell phone is showing local time.

My cell phone will be off while I'm headed home over the state line tonight, so I'll be interested in seeing how long it takes to adjust once I start it up in the morning.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:52:20 AM PST
quilt lover says:
A funny thing happened a couple of years back, we were driving back from Colorado and I was watching my cell phone to see how long it took to change. Well, it wouldn't change & I figured it was because the signal was spotty but I found out later that the Navajo Nation in northeast AZ does daylight savings with the rest of the country. Interesting, to me anyway, ha ha!

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 6:29:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012 6:30:17 AM PST
Dog Lover says:
Because I never pay attention to the time on the device, I have no idea if this is related to daylight savings time or not. All 3 of my Kindle Basics today, showed "12:07 pm" but both of my K Keyboards have the correct time.

It took 3 changes on the Basics (yes- 3 changes for each of the 3 Basics) before the time would display correctly.

Additionally, I can't seem to find any "help" about time settings on the help pages and I don't see any info (on the devices or the help pages) about date settings. (I don't see a date displayed on the devices either.)

As I said, the date/time has never been something I have checked but now I'm curious!

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 6:36:52 AM PST
Sarida says:
Wow. I understand that!

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:09:43 AM PST
Shaun says:
My Kindle Touch went back 2 hours! The time was 11 but now the correct time is 10 but my kindle says 9. Very strange.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:32:33 AM PST
My PW did the same thing.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:35:27 AM PST
I left the WiFi turned on on my Paperwhite, and the time is correct. I didn't think to check it earlier this morning. It is a 3G model also, but using my home wireless.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 7:37:51 AM PST
Mary Ellen says:
I checked my three Kindles this morning and found that my KK (3g&WiFi) and my Fire (1st generation) had changed but my basic had not. I synced it (yes the WiFi was on and connected), twice and it still didn't change so I did it manually. Oddly all three devices changed on their own last Spring when we went on DST...
Also, my phone changed on its own just fine, as always.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:37:58 AM PST
My wifi is on, and I've also restarted it, but it's not updating. I also have the 3G model.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 7:40:07 AM PST
seems the solution is leaving wifi on... my K3 and K2 do it without being left connected...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Software Update 4.6
0 6 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Manic Gardens, Roof Possums, Goat Spanx, Flailing Yahoos and So Geese! And Cherie! 5055 2 seconds ago
RAOK # 80 - Acts of Kindness Are In the Pipeline™ 9535 3 minutes ago
Potentially Perky People - Part Deux 4526 3 minutes ago
borrowing books 2 3 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 5334 4 minutes ago
Help with HDX 7" 4G on T-Mobile 0 12 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 7321 14 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat (FB&C) Sat-Mon, 20-22 December 2014 73 19 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 5260 22 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 18, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions