Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Free Books and Chat for Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 91 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 24, 2014 10:34:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2014 10:41:06 PM PST
Welcome to Free Books and Chat for Tuesday, February 25, 2014.

I hope that everybody has a chance to drop by and sit for a spell..
That goes for lurkers as well as our regular posters.. We do LOVE to make new friends.....

Now, down to business....

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS

AUTHORS - THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR SELF PROMOTION.

You are welcome to join us for conversation.
However, self-promotion or posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. If you're looking to promote your work, please go to the "Meet Our Authors", many of us check there as well.

.........THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES..............

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

★★ Links To Free Book Resources ★★

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

Ereaderiq:
http://ereaderiq.com/freebies/

eReaderPerks:
www.eReaderPerks.com

FreeReadFeed:
freereadfeed.com

You are strongly urged to confirm the price of the book before completing your purchase.
The price displayed on Amazon's website at the time of purchase is the price of the book.

╰❈╮Link to the FB&C Group Cookbook thread:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/cooking/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx211KPGGBLHNC6&cdMsgID=Mx3TF4806AD6YTU&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxQUJZ6FYNH8VQ#Mx3TF4806AD6YTU

*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。

╰❈╮Birthday and Anniversary / Template / States - abbreviations and time zones / Slang / How To Link:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bxt8Ey-AsMfIUDZUS3p0SnpqZG8/edit?usp=sharing

°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*

Old News.. AKA Yesterdays Thread..
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx2HDGE2K1HO446

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 10:35:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2014 10:49:43 PM PST
* ⊱✿⊰ FB&C Start Schedule:

Robb - Wednesday February 26, start time 10 pm PST
Snowlady Sandy- Thursday February 27, Start time around midnight PST
Kajola, Friday, February 28, Start time 11pm-1am ET
Susan - Saturday, March 1, Start time 11pm-6am ET
redandwhite - Sunday, March 2, Start time around midnight PST
Elle - Monday, March 3, Start time between 8-9pm Sunday night
Snowlady Sandy- Tuesday March 4, Start time around midnight PST
Snowlady Sandy- Tuesday March 11, Start time around midnight PST
Snowlady Sandy- Tuesday March 18, Start time around midnight PST
Snowlady Sandy- Tuesday March 25, Start time around midnight PST

⊱✿⊰ ~~~ WE ARE ALWAYS IN NEED OF NEW THREAD STARTERS ~~~ ⊱✿⊰

.✿. Open Dates:

Wednesday, March 5
Thursday, March 6
Friday, March 7
Saturday, March 8
Sunday, March 9
Monday, March 10

⊱✿⊰ ~~~ WE ARE ALWAYS IN NEED OF NEW THREAD STARTERS ~~~ ⊱✿⊰

.✿. Open Dates:

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
************** We'll help you through it! **************

Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info.

There is a template for starters in the Google drive which is really easy to follow and many here who will lead, guide, & direct you if you require it.

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 10:36:42 PM PST
⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰ . ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰

FB&C Book Discussion
The next book discussion is scheduled for Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 6:00pm PT.

The book selected is ***A Field Of Poppies

Sorry but it's Not Free any longer..

. ⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰ . ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰

A good book can take you anywhere anytime.... Ann Key

*****I read this Sun... Could not put it down... You have plenty of time left to read...

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 10:38:16 PM PST
THE SHOEBOX
A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover.

In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box. When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totalling $95,000.

He asked her about the contents.
'When we were to be married,' she said, ' my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll.'

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two Precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two Times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with Happiness.

'Honey,' he said, 'that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?'

'Oh,' she said, 'that's the money I made from selling the dolls.'

A Prayer
Dear Lord,
I pray for Wisdom to understand my man;
Love to forgive him;
And Patience for his moods;
Because Lord, if I pray for Strength,
I'll beat him to death,
Because I don't have the freaking time to crochet.

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 10:50:09 PM PST
Sally in SA says:
Good morning Sandy.........love it!

I challenge anyone to say they have never had the need to crochet:)

Thanks for the super start.

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 10:53:40 PM PST
redandwhite says:
@ Sandy
Thank you for doing the start today, I just loved that story, thought it was going to be a tearjerker, but ended up laughing - what a good way for me to start my day with a smile on my face.
Hope you are smiling too - take care and catch you later

Posted on Feb 24, 2014 11:07:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2014 11:10:04 PM PST
Good Morning Ladies...

Sally, your cat on the roof is really getting to me... Whatever is she thinking?

Glad you liked the story...

I gotta go get some IT help from Chris since I woke up..
I'll be back in a bit...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 12:42:11 AM PST
Leo Little says:
great story...Sandy...great start.... ♥♥♥♥ to all and thank you for your words of comfort.

Leo

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 4:05:25 AM PST
Just wanted to say before I head off to bed....
If anybody needs/wants to borrow Not Free A Field Of Poppies
send me an e-mail and I'll send it to ya when I get up...
Goodnight

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 4:07:17 AM PST
Susan says:
Ethan Wright and the Curse of Silence, (Book 1)
An Oroborus is certainly a strange creature, but what happens if you're bitten by one?

After Ethan Wright gets tricked by an alchemist, he finds out what the magical creature is all about. A new world, sword duels and legendary creatures are all a day in the life of a skilled alchemist.

But when the Curse of Silence ends, Ethan finds clues to the whereabouts of his missing twin brother while being hunted down by the great Stonewolf. He must learn the ways of alchemy or his journey will end in peril.

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 4:32:01 AM PST
redandwhite says:
I hate it when people forward bogus warnings...but this one is real, and it's important. So please send this warning to everyone on your e-mail list:

If someone comes to your front door saying they are conducting a survey on deer ticks and asks you to take your clothes off and dance around with your arms up, DO NOT DO IT!! IT IS A SCAM; they only want to see you naked.

I wish I'd gotten this yesterday.

I feel so stupid now.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 4:53:34 AM PST
Sally in SA says:
oh I love it when somebody makes me really laugh out loud. Oregon Dreamer yesterday, and you today!

Thank you:)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 5:44:02 AM PST
new mom says:
Too funny, redandwhite, and sorry you missed getting the warning ahead of time! :)

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 5:59:16 AM PST
redandwhite says:
Out of Time by Deborah Truscott

Kathleen Findlay is married to a cad, her mother is driving her crazy and her life is falling apart. Then her uncle dies, leaving her the family's Revolutionary-era home and, she believes, an escape from her chaotic marriage. But one afternoon, while searching for a rake, she discovers a man in her garden shed - and a free fall through the centuries.

As her life spins wildly out of control, Kathleen finds her heart and in the process, her own place in time.

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 6:07:30 AM PST
redandwhite says:
Love in a Time of War by Suzanne Elizabeth Anderson

Author's Note: For fans of romance and 'happily-ever-after'...LOVE IN A TIME OF WAR is a beautiful re-imagining of my first novel, Mrs. Tuesday's Departure, with new scenes and an entirely new ending.

In this emotionally powerful WWII drama, children's book writer Natalie Lucas discovers the many faces of love as she helps her beloved niece Mila escape the approaching Nazi menace in Hungary.
Natalie's twin sister, the celebrated poet and professor, Anna Lucas, has succumbed to early-onset dementia, making the situation even more unstable for Natalie and Mila. Natalie and Anna's personal and professional relationship provides an interesting subplot whch focuses on the foundations of sisterly love.
In the meantime, surrounded by violence and the threat of capture, Natalie must find a safe way out of the country for Mila. She eventually turns to her teenage sweetheart, Deszo, a Professor whom she rejected in order to marry her true love, Max.
The past love triangle between Deszo, Natalie and Anna adds further complications; however, Deszo may provide Mila with her only chance of escape. As Natalie and Deszo are thrown together by their mission to save Mila, their love for one another is re-ignighted.
After the Nazis learn of Deszo's assistance to the Jews, he and Natalie are brutally interrogated by a Nazi officer who has been following their activities, and their lives are in danger. After many doubts as to who in their community is friend or foe, the novel culminates with a heart-wrenching conclusion which provokes questions of loyalty, family and above all--faith.
NOTE FROM SUZANNE: Love in a Time of War is a re-imagining of my first novel, Mrs. Tuesday's Departure. How did this happen? As I was working with my editor on the second edition of Mrs. Tuesday, we began asking 'what-if' questions about the relationship between Natalie and Deszo. LOVE as the title suggests contains both a romance and the happy ending that readers told me they wanted. It is with great happiness that I am able to provide both in this story.

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 6:11:25 AM PST
kajola says:
*❤°.¸¸.*❤°.¸¸.*❤°.¸¸.*❤°.¸¸.*❤°.¸¸.*
~ ~ . . . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY . . . . . . ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ NOT SUCH A NEW MOM ~ ~ ~ ~

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 6:20:26 AM PST
new mom says:
This is a good one. I think it was the first-ever book I read on my Kindle and I really liked it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 6:20:42 AM PST
new mom says:
Thank you :)

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 6:37:16 AM PST
Susan says:
and...

~ ~ . . . . . HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. . . . . . ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ELIZABETH "LIZ" ~ ~ ~ ~

I think I recall you saying you were going away for your anniversary - so enjoy :)

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 6:42:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2014 6:50:16 AM PST
kajola says:
....*❤. , ❤*'
....*❤.@@ ❤*'
.*❤.@@@@❤*'
....@@@@@@
...❤*@@@@`*❤. , ,
.......\\\||///.
........\\||//.
.........ƸӜƷ.
..........\|/..*❤*
...........v....

Happy Anniversary ELIZABETH "Liz"
*❤°.¸¸.*❤°.¸¸.*❤°.¸¸.*❤°.¸¸.*❤°

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 6:52:37 AM PST
Susan says:
thanks KaJoLa - you are really good with the artwork :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 6:54:21 AM PST
kajola says:
It took some editing. It never works like it should when I post from work.

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 6:56:58 AM PST
new mom says:
Does anyone have any good suggestions for free vegetable gardening books (or even low-priced ones)? My boys got really excited this year about the idea of doing a garden and I know next to nothing about it. It's the first time I've seen my kids excited about vegetables so I want to at least give it a try.

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 7:08:40 AM PST
Sally in SA says:
not such a new mom,

I hope you have a truly wonderful day today, Happy birthday.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2014 7:11:07 AM PST
Sally in SA says:
I wish I could help. There have been so many posted which I have never picked up so I think someone might be able to help.

The kids will love seeing their vegetables grow, and they might even like eating them if they don't like vegetables now:)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Feb 24, 2014
Latest post:  Feb 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions