Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Battery Charge Light - Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2011 4:11:23 PM PST
deannah says:
Anyone else seeing this? Light turns green indicating a full charge, but checking with the device button only shows a charge of 91%. Just wondering.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 4:16:27 PM PST
M. Ratcheson says:
Since you mentioned it, and my light just turned green, I checked, and sure enough the device settings screen shows it's actually only 93% and still charging.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 4:24:58 PM PST
deannah says:
@M Ratcheson
And is your light still green? Indicating its fully charged? Mine is green and device setting shows 97% and still charging.

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 4:33:01 PM PST
P. Burks says:
I think it is probably similar to a cell phone charging. I get a green light on my cell phone when the charge percentage is in the 90s.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 4:36:55 PM PST
deannah says:
Thank you. Don't have a cell phone so not familiar with that. Nice to know, though. Thanks again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2011 10:11:44 PM PST
M. Ratcheson says:
Yes the light continued to stay green. I kept it plugged in until the settings screen said it was fully charged.

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 6:35:15 AM PST
Alan Dunn says:
I plug in my chargers the green charge light comes on then within 2 seconds the Amber light come on and nothing happens in the way of chargings.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 9:13:48 AM PST
Hoppy says:
My battery is fully charged but the battery light isn't on at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 11:19:15 AM PST
M. Ratcheson says:
If it isn't plugged into the charger, there will be no light unless you press the button.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 12:42:25 PM PST
Hoppy says:
Thank you. I went to the store and they explained it to me, too.

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 5:59:41 AM PST
I notice that when I power-down my kindle-fire, then plug in the charge cord, the light comes on and the kindle turns back ON.
If I leave the charge cord plugged in, and turn the fire back OFF again, the charge-light goes out, so I have no charge indicator.
So I wonder if the device is still charging or not.

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 8:39:11 PM PST
Andre says:
I have the same problem. When kindle is off and we conect the charger, it turns on automatically and an orange light appears. If we turn it off again, then lights disappear, but it continues charging. I think we must turn it on to be sure it is fully charged, otherwise we have no indication...

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 9:05:58 PM PST
Arual says:
I plugged in my charger this afternoon, the Fire turned on and the amber light was lit. Now, probably six hours later, I unplugged it. The light is green and the unit says 100% charged.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011 10:20:08 PM PST
C. Scilley says:
Check the battery icon it the top right. If it turns white while the charger is plugged in, the Fire is fully charged.
Carolyn

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011 10:21:58 PM PST
C. Scilley says:
Fred, according to several people on this forum, your Fire will still be charging with it off. I haven't tried it, so I have no idea.
Carolyn

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 9:14:41 AM PST
I had the same problem and after a moment it switched back to green, but this time the green was blinking. ... Can't tell if the problem is with the power plug or the outlet on the Kindle. I tried 3 different electrical outlets, so I know the problem is not with them.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 12:06:19 PM PST
leave it plugged in for about 20 more minutes and it will be fully 100% charged. This is what I have found works to get the 100% when I look at the battery level.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 12:20:56 PM PST
Teatime2 says:
I've read that electronic devices have a built-in mechanism that enables them to NOT fully charge as this is considered a negative for some reason. Devices have a fast-charge function which switches to a trickle charge to "top it off." Don't ask me why!

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 9:34:54 PM PDT
T. Duncan says:
My charging light will turn on but if I look at the battery it wont say its charging and or when I got to device it doesn't say its charging either....? Help please....

Posted on May 14, 2012 8:57:33 AM PDT
Twinkles6710 says:
Tried to plug in my Kindle Fire with several chargers and no green or yellow light appears. Not sure if it is charging at all. Screen won't turn on either. Last used it a few days ago with no problems. Suggestions??

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 4:20:51 PM PDT
J. Bryant says:
I wish someone would please explain how the battery indicator works on the Kindle Fire. Once the Kindle is full charged should the battery indicator be white or green? Unlike the cell phones that show a decreasing amount in the battery indicator the one on my kindle turned green while I was charging it and then white after I unplugged it. A message showed up across the screen when I had only 15% of battery life left. There was no way to tell this by the battery indicator.

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 7:35:08 PM PDT
G. Vozzo says:
@Twinkles6710, did the power button on the bottom of your Fire turn orange while the charger was plugged in? Or do you see nothing?

I had a Fire that I put into sleep mode with the battery at 10%. I plugged it into the wall to recharge: the power button's light turned orange, but never turned green. Battery indicator never seemed full, but I don't know the percentage. I waited a total of 16 hours before calling Amazon. While trying different things with them on the phone, the power button light stopped illuminating altogether. I have a new Kindle Fire and charger now. Waiting to try this again, but it'll be a while.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 5:53:03 AM PDT
E. MacNeill says:
So I had low battery and was having issues with my wi-fi, so I shut down my Kindle Fire. I plugged it in to my charger (same port, but it was my phone charger...issue possibly) and left it to charge over night. In the morning I went to turn it on and the light was still yellow. Also, once I unplugged it the indicator light turned off and it is unresponsive to me pressing the power button....anyone else have a similar experience?

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 11:41:43 PM PDT
My kindle will not hold a charge. I plug it in and have let it sit with an amber light for over 8 hours at least. 4 times and nothing is happening. The light is in but it's not charging. Now I have it plugged in and it's blinking green amber and nothing over and over again ... Help?

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 6:59:08 AM PDT
AbdallaRed says:
My Kindle Fire screen has message "Battery is too low to power on. However, it will not take a charge. I have tried the charger in different outlets, but nothing seems to help. Red light doesn't come on..
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage and $79 Kindle
0 13 days ago
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 Oct 20, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 1189 25 seconds ago
Any E-Ink Product That Includes Full Web Browsing? 10 9 minutes ago
Kindle Fire Tips: Getting Started 2 5209 17 minutes ago
RAOK # 80 - Acts of Kindness Are In the Pipeline™ 6385 45 minutes ago
Amazon prime vs Kindle unlimited 74 53 minutes ago
FireOS 4.5.1 - sound sporadically adjusting? 56 1 hour ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Manic Gardens, Roof Possums, Goat Spanx, Flailing Yahoos and So Geese! And Cherie! 1948 1 hour ago
Voyage, anyone *not* seeing this display flaw? (image) 268 1 hour ago
Arabic Support 5 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2011
Latest post:  May 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions