Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Organizing books on Kindle Fire HD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 13, 2013 2:10:35 PM PST
Nemo Cleo says:
Any word from Amazon as to when/if they might upgrade the software for Books to allow sorting into folders? Or does anyone know of a good app for this (not Book Collections, which I've tried)?

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 2:19:41 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
Nope there has not been any announcements about collections on the Fire. People have been asking for this since the first generation Fire came out over a year ago.

Do a search in the app store for book collections there are 2-3 of them available but they all have had lack luster reviews.

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 2:24:02 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 2:44:36 PM PST
Bufo Calvin says:
Nemo, I do like the similarly named

Collections

app better, although there are some inherent limitations (it can't track your location in the book, you have to set it manually).

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 8:53:11 AM PST
I read a lot and keep my book collection by author and then in series order. It is so difficult to believe that we still don't have the option to order the books as wished on Kindle. Alphabetic order may work in a book store, but just doesn't make sense in personal files. I sure wish they would work on this. using Kindle app on phone, but still waiting for this simple function before buying tablet...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 9:46:59 AM PST
You have the option of importing your kindle purchases to shelfari.com, an Amazon company, and tagging them any way you want.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 11:01:41 PM PST
M. Debbane says:
Please develop a software update for the Kindle Fire HD that will allow sorting or organizing books in specific folders.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 9:51:19 AM PST
For the love of God....PLEASE update the fire hd so we can organize our hundreds of books!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 9:56:41 AM PST
Mike says:
Geez, it doesn't do you any good to make your pleas here; you're talking to the choir. If you want to plead your case, take it direct to Amazon. Let Amaxon know your desires. It doesn't do any good announcing it here.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:09:15 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
and people have been waiting for almost 16 months...

if it was easy, I'm sure Amazon would already have provided a method - after all they did provide Parental Controls pretty quickly and I don't think they were requested nearly as much as collections have been

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 10:12:55 AM PST
fbarich says:
You could always download the Collections for Kindle Fire App in the App store

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 6:19:01 AM PST
To me, it's a given that you can organize your books like on a regular kindle! I just downloaded the collections app. Also unhappy about no flash player on the fire HD...can't watch a lot of videos!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 6:20:08 AM PST
The flash thing isn't the fault of the Fire. Adobe pulled support for Flash on Android devices back in August.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 6:56:04 AM PST
Denis Powell says:
B. Hellebrand, although Amazon are prohibited from putting Flash on the latest Fires there's nothing stopping you installing it yourself from somewhere like goodereader.com.

That's what I've done and with the Dolphin Browser installed as well there's virtually nothing I can't watch.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 8:09:10 AM PST
So you can install dolphin along with silk?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 10:48:13 AM PST
KAragon says:
@B. Hellebrand

Follow the directions given in the following post to install Dolphin and Flash:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdMsgID=Mx3F6NLF9MPGSP5&cdMsgNo=3&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2C0C4U7X2BWAJ#Mx3F6NLF9MPGSP5

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 6:36:52 AM PDT
I wanted to watched videos on here too and found this info. I followed the instructions and now I can watch my shows too.

First I tried this and found my flash was enabled:

Open the browser.
Click on the Menu icon at the bottom center.
Find Settings
Scroll down until you see Flash.
Click on it, and Flash is now enabled.

BTW, sometimes, when the operating system installs an update, Flash is disabled. You now have the easy steps to "turn it back on"

Then this is what I tried and it worked:

You can install flash by doing the following:

To install Flash: (You have to have a Flash compatible browser in order to install Flash. You can't install it under Silk.)

Do the following on the Fire/Fire HD itself:

Swipe down from the top > More > Device > Allow Installation of Applications.

Install ES File Explorer: ES File Explorer

Download and install the Dolphin HD and Flash Player apk files from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9d8gxh75f0747f1/83fV5m6x2c

Once both files are downloaded to your Fire, open ES File Explorer and look in the "Downloads" folder. You should see both files there. Install Dolphin HD *first* by tapping on the icon. Then install Flash.

Hope it helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2013 10:56:10 AM PDT
Toes says:
hahaha good one

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 2:47:30 PM PDT
I purchased the Book Collection for Kindle Fire and everything has been fine until recently. It s been shutting down on me. Anyone else having this problem?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2013 3:48:32 PM PDT
Cinisajoy says:
Fire or FireHD?
And yes there have been a few problems lately.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2013 3:16:40 AM PDT
Ira T. Weiss says:
Use Puffin web browser and you can view flash.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2013 4:26:46 PM PDT
Ditto.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2013 1:52:09 AM PDT
RhydonMyAbra says:
Nook had seperate bookshelves you could set up to organize on the first gen

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2013 1:56:26 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
not sure what that has to do with it unless Nooks are running exactly the same OS using exactly the same formats for their books - there are things I can do on a PC running Linux that I can't do on a PC running Windows.

Posted on May 12, 2013 7:44:24 AM PDT
TatiannaJ says:
Seriously, I know that Kindles started as a reading tablet... and they've discarded such a key feature as being able to sort your books in a way that makes sense to the reader. What's up with that? I know it can't be that complicated. Can we please fix this? Nothing annoys me more than professional business books mixed in with the cooking pamphlets. And as someone who reads a lot, but with lots of stop, the no-track where you left off is a real turn off of the app... and why should we pay for an app when this should come standard?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 26 days ago
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAoK Room 81 is ready to serve you..... 3937 1 second ago
Does Amazon WANT people to use iBooks??? 43 1 minute ago
ECHO's of Friendship 848 1 minute ago
Future proofing kindle books 86 2 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Super Hero Sisters, Panama, Many Furry Friends, Featuring Fat Jane the Spanx Wearing Goat, and Cherie! It's the Apocalypse! 7201 2 minutes ago
HELP...my Kindle got wet!! 90 2 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 2847 2 minutes ago
Listen to books on my samsung smart phone? 5 6 minutes ago
Adult Books on Child's Kindle 25 10 minutes ago
Cancel Kindle Book 4 10 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  29
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Jan 13, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions