Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Deleting books from iPhone Kindle app

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 18, 2012 5:31:28 AM PDT
wmpoty says:
Does anyone know how to delete a book permanently from the Kindle app? Even after I've deleted books from my kindle library, both loans from my public library and books from Amazon, they're still listed on the app on my iPhone. I can't access them, of course, but I also can't figure out how to get them off the list.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 6:42:40 AM PDT
fleaBe says:
if you swipe the title - do you get the option to delete?

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 8:24:40 AM PDT
wmpoty says:
No, when I swipe the only option is archive. and once it's archived, nothing happens when i swipe.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 8:31:08 AM PDT
If you want to delete a book from your Archives, you have to use your Manage Your Kindle page, and then you would have to repurchase the book to read it again.

Delete from the app, delete from the Archives, then sync the app to Amazon, so that it can update your Archives.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 8:35:58 AM PDT
**Meya** says:
I just do a long hold on the book, and select "remove from device." The book is gone from my iPhone app then. Are you making sure you looking at the "device" and not the "cloud" when you delete them?

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:06:06 AM PDT
wmpoty says:
Deleting it from the library before archiving it on the phone seems to work best, for me anyway. Nothing happens when I do a long hold.

Thanks, everyone, for your advice.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
FREE Books & Chat - February 2016 232 1 minute ago
All I want is to see all of the ebooks I have bought for my Kindle Paperwhite 5 7 minutes ago
What's the best Kindle Fire out there now, and what's the different? 0 10 minutes ago
All the posts 14 20 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 1196 26 minutes ago
Hillary....Feeling the Burn 13 1 hour ago
Hebrew keyboard on the new kindle fire 29 1 hour ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 1227 1 hour ago
Transferring notes/highlights on personal documents? 143 2 hours ago
Can you make a phone call with kindle? 73 2 hours ago
Help! My Kindle won't stop talking! 72 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 18, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions