Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Personal Video App, Where Are My Videos?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 8, 2012 6:17:37 AM PDT
I uploaded 13 videos to the cloud drive. When I open the Personal Video app on the Fire HD, I only see 3 of the 13. The screen doesn't slide to reveal the other 10. Any tips on how to find the others?

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 6:50:56 AM PDT
A. Dietz says:
Were they in MP4 or VP8 format? Those are the only two formats the Kindle Fire recognizes. If they were in WMA, FLV, or some other format, you won't be able to play them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 7:19:34 AM PDT
They were all in the same format. I can access and play all of them from the Cloud Drive website. But, when I use the Personal Video app I can only see/access 3 of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 7:26:26 AM PDT
And you've re-booted the Fire, and then synced it?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 7:54:16 AM PDT
Just tried that. No luck. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 9:56:41 AM PDT
raghava says:
How to transfer videos from PC to my kindlefire HD? I tried it and was successful but could not find the videos - they could not be found. Can someone help me solve this problem?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2013 10:16:50 AM PDT
David - You can't access personal videos you've uploaded to the Cloud Drive from your Fire. The Fire doesn't interact with the Cloud for videos. You need to transfer them via USB cable.

http://amazon.com/USBtransfer

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2013 10:50:27 AM PDT
Thanks for the response, Pineapple. I long ago transferred them to the Fire. New question. Is there a way to watch videos that are in the cloud through the Roku? I don't have a flat-screened TV so an HDMI cable from computer or Fire to TV is out of the question (Roku connects to TV with Red/Yellow/White jack).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2013 11:00:32 AM PDT
David - You're welcome. Not that I know of. Again, there is no interface for personal videos in the Cloud Drive. Amazon would have to provide a portal to the Cloud Drive to access them and then provide that "app" to Roku like they have done with the Cloud Player for music.

I imagine there are a lot of legalities preventing this. Mainly distribution agreements with the movie studios.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2013 11:54:15 AM PDT
Would be nice if there was a workaround for "home movies" to share, which are the videos in question. Nothing commercially released.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2013 12:00:25 PM PDT
David - It would. Why don't you Google about watching personal videos on a Roku? There may be a Roku channel that will let you do what you want.

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 6:03:53 PM PDT
Hello, so I have been trying to figure out how to put DVDs on my kindle but what is the personal video app?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Simon & Schuster Agreement
0 2 days ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
RAOK # 80 - Acts of Kindness Are In the Pipeline™ 1635 4 minutes ago
Voyage Cover 81 6 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage - First Impressions 184 9 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 3683 11 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Put on Your Chiffon and Taffeta, Sashay In, Pet a Midnight Goat, Cat or Dog, Crack Open Your Stelvin Closures and Say "Hi" to Cherie! 8861 12 minutes ago
Al's Place 35mm 4013 13 minutes ago
October Informal Poll--what are you reading now? 456 16 minutes ago
Just Walked into Best Buy and Bought a Kindle Voyage 4 16 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Oct 8, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions