Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

how can u make a book disappear from cloud after deleting from library?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 1, 2012 11:06:26 PM PDT
Ashlyn Adams says:
Ive deleted the books but they are still in my cloud. I want them gone. Help.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 11:34:32 PM PDT
Denis Powell says:
You need to delete them from Manage Your Kindle.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 2:24:32 AM PDT
Remember, when you delete the books via Manage Your Kindle page, if you change your mind, you will have to repurchase the books again. Many people just leave the books listed in archives for this reason. When the books are listed in archives, they take up almost space on your device as all that you have is a link to where the book is stored for re-download.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 3:10:54 AM PDT
redstar says:
You could save your books to Kindle4PC before deleting them from the cloud. Then if you change your mind, it's still there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:13:28 AM PDT
Remember that most books are DRM protected so if you save to K4PC, they will only open in the K4PC - not in the cloud viewer or any other device nor any other computer running K4PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:23:16 AM PDT
redstar says:
Thank you, I had not considered that. As my Kindle Fire doesn't have any collections features, I was using Kiindle4PC to organize my books instead of the cloud. What a misstep.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:30:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012 3:31:25 AM PDT
Redstar, I use Calibre (a free program used by many on these forums) to organize my books. I find it is a lot easier than collections. It allows me to add tags, download the book description, add notes/comments, note the correct order of books in a series, add special columns so I know which books I (my husband or my mother) have read and which books are downloaded on which device and even which books I want to read next. For very large libraries, it makes organizing the way I want very easy. Once I have decided on a book to read next, I use Manage Your Kindle page to send it to the correct device.

Edit - I just leave all the books on the Amazon server (also known as archives) for future download on any device.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 3:58:00 AM PDT
redstar says:
Thanks again, vjvi51. It looks like I will be spending some time on the 4th learning to use Calibre. Much better than getting sun baked in the north-east heat wave. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012 4:08:22 AM PDT
@Redstar - There are many videos on the Calibre site that will help you get set up and organized. It may seem like a complex program in the beginning - and it is because it is so flexible. My suggestion, is start with the basic things you need and then add the "fancy" features later.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jul 1, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions