Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle paperwhite waterproof case?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 15, 2014 3:26:34 PM PDT
pugfan says:
Atlas Waterproof Case for Kindle Paperwhite by Incipio, Black
Does anyone know if this is a good case or not? I read the review some people either love it or hate it. I was wondering if anyone had this case does it mess with the touchscreen and is it hard to read with it on? Any advice would help. Thanks in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2014 4:19:37 PM PDT
Mike says:
You might want to ask your question on the product page.

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 5:52:16 PM PDT
I don't have the case, and won't have it, so I have to guess. Logically, it seems that anything which is tight enough to effectively seal out water would be touching the touch screen, and might somehow mess it up, scratch it, or such. I'm not getting my PW close enough to water for such a case to be worth the risk, so I have no incentive to buy the case, and find out anything about it. If you are attracted to the novelty of the case, or are really interested in playing water polo with your PaperWhite as the ball, or whatever, then go ahead, and get the case, and use it in the water, and let us know how it works out for you. Other Atlas cases I have tried were good at doing what they were designed to do, so this waterproof Atlas case may work well enough to be worth the bother, and cost, to you. I'm not interested in risking it, just to satisfy some childish curiosity, so I will pass on trying the case out.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2014 9:03:34 PM PDT
pugfan says:
Thanks Mike I didn't think of that. Thanks for the advice.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2014 9:11:01 PM PDT
pugfan says:
Thanks Erin for your input. I wouldn't call this a childish curiosity. But I guess each to his or her own.

I agree that water and any kind of electronics don't mix. I would be devastated if my kindle got dunked in water. You are kind to try to answer my question. Thanks!

Posted on Apr 15, 2014 10:15:40 PM PDT
Pugfan - You are welcome.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 15, 2014
Latest post:  Apr 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions