Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle fire email options

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 30, 2011 12:26:41 PM PDT
Salgal says:
Can't see where I can use Outlook Express for email? Also if I don't want to use Amazon Prime can I view Netflix or other movies? I returned my IPAD. I don't need an ereader or video camera. I want instant web browsing. Is this Fire for me?

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 12:32:57 PM PDT
R. D. Clark says:
The Fire comes with an email program, and there will probably be many more available in the app store. None of them will be Outlook Express, which is a Windows program.

We do not yet know whether there will be Netflix, Hulu, or other video-streaming apps for the Fire.

The Fire is advertised as having a new Amazon-developed browser called Silk that is said to be very fast. Nobody outside Amazon has used it yet.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 3:37:55 PM PST
pvee says:
Does anyone know if you will be able to view short (cell phone) videos sent as email attachments?

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 3:38:37 PM PST
pvee says:
Does anyone know if you will be able to view short (cell phone) videos sent as email attachments?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 9:32:16 PM PST
C. Scilley says:
Most phones don't use Outlook Express. It really is an outdated program. Your best bet would be to use Windows live, or Gmail.
Carolyn

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 9:34:52 PM PST
C. Scilley says:
P. Vela says:

Maybe with the right app.
Carolyn

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 4:44:43 AM PST
I have Outlook Express on my PC. Is there a way I can access it on my Kindle Fire?

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 12:26:56 PM PST
I can't seem to be able to open any e-mail attachments like the wmv, etc. Do I need to download an app to be able to do this?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 12:27:37 PM PST
J. Donahue says:
No

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2011 12:27:58 PM PST
J. Donahue says:
The Fire doesn't do WMV.

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 6:40:16 AM PST
I can access my yahoo acccount and my microsoft outlook account on my Droid , will the Fire allow me to do this ?

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 7:14:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2011 7:17:05 AM PST
Dean R says:
Andrew -- yes

And you "outlook" account is more than likely your ISP (internet service providers email account that outlook reaches out to grab and pulls it onto your computer). Kindle have it's own email system (and there are other apps too I believe) that will do the same thing...reach out to Yahoo, gmail, your ISP email system.

Posted on Nov 21, 2011 11:16:41 AM PST
Terry says:
I accidently downloaded a PDF attachment from an email I was reading. How do I find it on the Kindle Fire and delete it? Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:13:03 PM PDT
S. Huff says:
How do I send s picture attachment from my email Acct with my kindle fire? Please help...Thanks.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:14:09 PM PDT
S. Huff says:
How do I send s picture attachment from my email Acct with my kindle fire? Please help...Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012 6:40:14 PM PDT
S. Huff- When you are composing the email, there is a button near the bottom left of the screen that says "Attach". Tap that and then choose whichever program you use to view your pictures, choose a picture, then voila, it takes you back to send the message.

Posted on Apr 25, 2013 3:19:33 AM PDT
is there a way to transfer emails from outlook express to new kindle email
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
FREE Books & Chat - June 2016 644 22 minutes ago
changing default search engine on search bar 34 35 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1835 1 hour ago
Turn off Voyage backlight? 363 1 hour ago
So can you turn the Paperwhite light completely off? 733 1 hour ago
"Summarize" for students 35 1 hour ago
How to cancel a rented textbook on Kindle? 11 1 hour ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 40 1 hour ago
Amazon Echo drops connection every day. 54 1 hour ago
Account Hacked, Gift Card Balance Stolen!!! 49 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions