Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Store encountered an unexpected error

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2012 4:36:12 PM PST
My kindle won't connect to the store and I don't know what to do.

Posted on Jan 19, 2012 4:38:25 PM PST
Karen Walker says:
Are you connected to WiFi?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:33:47 PM PST
Scott2551 says:
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same problem with my Kindle Touch now that it is just out of warranty and although Kindle says it is a known issue, the best they're willing to do is give me a discount on a replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:46:07 PM PST
 Ann says:
@Scott2551 - Have you tried rebooting your Touch? Make sure it's charged, unplug it, press and hold the power button for a full 30 seconds (time it), then release and wait a few minutes for it to restart.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 3:00:56 PM PST
I am having the same problem. I have rebooted the kindle and the WiFi, any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 3:13:12 PM PST
Scott2551 says:
I have, Ann. Reboot, reset and re-register all to no avail. Wireless is working fine and I can download from my archives including new books purchased through one of my other Kindles. It just will not go to the Kindle Store without an error and the sorting of books last opened within the Kindle no longer works. The Kindle rep that I talked to, and who was extremely nice, said this was a known issue, but still no solution was offered up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:59:13 PM PST
It worked itself out once the Touch had been out in NZ for a while. Loving my Kindle now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 6:02:55 AM PST
Scott2551 says:
Terry, have you added the 5.1.2 update? If so, was there an correlation to when your problems began?

My Kindle Touch warranty expired on 11/23. I applied the update on 11/24 which is when the problems began as I sent my first email to and received a reply from Amazon on 11/25.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:59:57 PM PST
M. Stevens says:
Did you get your kindle working?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 3:26:38 PM PST
Scott2551 says:
I did not, but the good folks at Amazon took care of it since it was so close to warranty and that the problem occurred immediately after the update.

Ironically, the day the replacement arrived, I became suspicious of something which I will post here in case it might help someone else. I use MAC address filtering on my home network. My suspicion is that there is something about the update that has some lingering effect in that regard. The MAC address still appears on the network, but will not allow any throughput. I briefly, got the old unit back up by disabling the MAC address filtering, but then it promptly froze up again. For some reason, I thought at that point that Amazon might have disabled access to that unit and there was no longer any way to test that theory out. So, if anyone else is having trouble, and your network is set up this way, you might give it a shot just in case.

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 11:28:30 PM PDT
Kett says:
My kindle paperwhite just updated and now I keep having this issue. I tried looking at a book for its price as a set, chexked books 1 2 and 3, went to go back to book 1 and now this error. Same thing trying to look at any book a second time. Tried rebooti g several times and still no avail.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2013 1:27:32 AM PDT
Thank you so much, I encountered an unexpected error yesterday, logged on here and saw your post. I tried the reboot you outlined and it worked. All is well again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for the Original Kindle Paperwhite
0 6 days ago
Announcement
News: Kindle for Android app Update 4.13 Now Available
0 12 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 19 days ago
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Update 4.9 Now Available
0 May 27, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Fire stick drops network connection 897 14 minutes ago
Amazon Echo (no invite questions) 4870 18 minutes ago
Unable to download book: Kindle for Android Error 3 18 minutes ago
New Paperwhite Questions 23 24 minutes ago
AARP discount for kindle books 22 25 minutes ago
Connecting Fire Stick to Wifi 32 26 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 6507 27 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jan 19, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions