Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Vera Bradley kindle case and reading light

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 59 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 6, 2012 12:41:52 PM PDT
pugfan says:
Just thought I would share what I found for preorder. They also have the same case for kindle fire. Comes in four different patterns. Also if you scroll down the product page. You will see the matching clip on light you can buy. The cases are $40 each and the matching light is $20. I think I will buy them both. I canceled another case I ordered and waiting for my money to be refunded. Then I am going to preorder it. They are available July 20. Much rather have that one then the kindle lighted case.
[[ASIN:B0079R8LM6 Vera Bradley Cover for Kindle and Kindle Touch,
Lime's Up]]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 12:50:38 PM PDT
Q says:
I'm assuming you are getting it for your Kindle Touch or Basic Kindle? The clip-on light isn't needed for a Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 12:53:07 PM PDT
pugfan says:
Yes I am getting for my touch. But the case is available for the fire. I thought someone might be interested that is why I posted it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 12:54:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 12:54:36 PM PDT
Q says:
A nice suggestion and a nice-looking case. Thanks for recommending it.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 1:07:54 PM PDT
Thanks for sharing!

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 2:58:50 PM PDT
pugfan says:
You're welcome. Have a great evening/day depending where you are.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 4:06:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 4:13:45 PM PDT
Vera Bradley Cover for Kindle and Kindle Touch, Lime's Up
Vera Bradley Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle, Lime's Up
I really only posted to include the links but I fell to temptation and preordered a light!

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 5:01:59 PM PDT
B. Oconnell says:
Very cool!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 9:59:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 10:14:30 PM PDT
pugfan says:
Thanks for posting the link. l clicked on insert a product link. I don't know why it didn't show up. Thanks again.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 3:34:09 AM PDT
S. Bulla says:
I pre ordered one for my touch. Can't wait to get it! Thank you for sharing.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 5:00:10 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
$20 for that light, really?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 5:01:21 AM PDT
Jeff, I bought that exact light, minus the design, at a local store for $6. It's barely worth that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 5:03:03 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I know. I guess you are paying for the art....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 5:06:56 AM PDT
Hey Jeff, do you read or post at any good forums for the Thrive? I can't figure something out and am looking for somewhere to get tips. The regular Toshiba forums aren't very busy, neither is the other droid forum I found.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 6:54:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2012 7:03:40 AM PDT
pugfan says:
Did you order just the light or both and what pattern did you choose? If you don't mind me asking S.Bulla.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 9:10:08 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
No I sure don't. What are you trying to figure out?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 9:57:34 AM PDT
Hi Jeff. I read on a number of forums that allow animated smilies and gifs. I use the ESC key on my computers to stop the animations. I can't figure out how to do that on a tablet. They drive me nuts, I have an eye problem, and can't stand the movement on the pages. I LOVE the fact that these forums don't support that eye candy stuff.

Any Google searches bring up pages on how to make animations, making stop motion animation, etc. Android supposedly doesn't support them but that certainly isn't my experience. Learning how to use my Thrive has been quite a learning experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 12:48:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2012 12:53:17 PM PDT
Q says:
To some the matching clip-on light would be worth the price if it was cute and matched the exact design of the cover art. Art is a hard thing to price for an individual.

For me, I have a black clip-on and my wife has the white clip-on. Then I moved to the lighted cover for the K3 (with a discount for getting the Amazon Visa, it was $20 or $30).

Now, I confess that I'm using a Nook Touch Glowlight (*very* nice, even coverage of the light) purchased with extra Christmas & B-day money) ... while I await the Kindle Touch with a glowlight one day.

After 2 weeks with the Nook Glowlight, I love, love, love the light (and a few things about the quick-access menuing system like the ability to create personal shelves like collections) but dislike so many other things compared to the Kindle ... I could write an article about it.

Amazon need never fear me switching over full-time to the Nook world. I've been spoiled.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 12:56:10 PM PDT
Hi Meya,
I've been keeping an eye on the Thrive since I think I'll get one eventually - this forum looks pretty active and I've seen some useful advice there. Maybe they can help?

http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/forum.php

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 1:04:06 PM PDT
quilt lover says:
Really cute case!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 3:23:17 PM PDT
Thanks Miss Mitford. I'll post there after I set up an account.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 4:40:55 PM PDT
La' Bookchic says:
Noticed this case has the elastic bands to keep the kindle in place, are these secure? My other covers are ones that it just slides in nice & snug. :o)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 5:03:31 PM PDT
pugfan says:
I don't know. They have not came out yet. Vera Bradley is a very good company so I would think they would be.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 5:11:26 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Sorry I don't know anything about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 5:48:45 PM PDT
Thanks Jeff.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Jul 6, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions