Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

settings?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2012 4:07:27 AM PST
Okay...that might be an idiotic question,but after 1/2 hour if search I have to ask...where are the settings on kindle fire?? I am trying to do the one time download for android apps. I read the forum, and there is an explanation, but it asks to go to the web browser and the applications...when you press 'web'it simply goes to the last web page you naviagated...please advice. Thank you!

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 4:12:39 AM PST
SeaLevel274 says:
From the Home page, you can get into Settings by tapping on the little gear icon at the very top.

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 4:14:29 AM PST
Of course! Thank you!!

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 4:55:41 PM PST
I do not see a 'gear' icon. At the VERY top of my Kindle Fire HD 8.9" there is not a gear icon. There is only :
Shop Games Apps Books Music Videos Newsstand Audiobooks Web Photos Docs

Above that is a speaker and a battery icon

Please help!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:57:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 23, 2012 1:47:29 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
use your finger and scroll over to the +More (settings)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:01:57 PM PST
Pull down with your finger from the top of the screen

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:36:56 PM PST
Docs is the last one. scrolling to the left or right does not reveal any other choices other than the ones I mentioned

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:37:45 PM PST
Scrolling up or down doesn't reveal anything further. Neither does a left/right scroll.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:41:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 5:42:41 PM PST
 Ann says:
@Denise - Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Settings menu on the newer Fires. Only the 1st-generation Fire has a "gear" icon.

ETA: Online documentation for your Fire is here - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200127470_fire_hd_8_9?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201016060
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions