Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle fire ford sync

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2011 8:02:42 AM PDT
JP says:
will kindle fire interface with Ford Sync Audio?

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 9:17:37 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2011 9:19:57 AM PDT
I have a 2008 Explorer with Sync. It obviously won't interface through Bluetooth since the Fire does not have that function. It may be possible though to connect thru the aux jack via the headset connection on the Fire. I have done this with an MP3 player. The Aux function, by my experience, is not "hands free" since you have to handle the MP3 player to use it.

The Sync also has a USB connection that I use with music loaded on a flash drive, that allows for the remote controls (on the steering wheel) to function with the flash drive. If Sync recognizes the Fire as a data/flash drive, like your computer does then it may work. We will see.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 10:28:43 AM PDT
A. C. Porter says:
Sailorman, I have done this with my Toyota and it does work by connecting your Kindle through the headphone jack. I can then control the volume through the controls on the steering wheel.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2011 11:22:32 AM PDT
Thanks. Not sure what system the Toyota uses, the Ford is a Microsoft generated system. From what I remember using the aux function the volume controls work but not skip, search or the voice activated commands. All these functions are available though when using a flash drive in the USB port.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 6, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 6, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions