Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Wi-Fi Network Help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 24, 2012 9:43:39 AM PST
Grayson says:
Can someone please help me? I couldn't find anything on this in the Kindle Help pages so I'm posting on here. My kindle, (the black, ordanary, seventy dollar one) freezes when I click Wi-Fi Networks and won't connect to mine when I turn it on. airplane mode is not on and the wi-fi is working fine for all my other devices. Any advice? I don't want to return it.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 9:45:55 AM PST
Have you tried resetting it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200127470_frozenscreen?nodeId=200829000#restart

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 9:53:23 AM PST
Grayson says:
Yes, I just did. It worked! Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 10:18:04 AM PST
Yeah! Glad that helped! You may have to do that occasionally. Just like a computer, Kindles get "stuck" sometimes.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 10:35:55 AM PST
C Whitfield says:
Do you need a password for all Wi-Fi connections?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 10:39:20 AM PST
SeaLevel274 says:
No. Many public ones don't require passwords. Most people do, and should have their home network password protected.

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 9:08:35 PM PDT
gram says:
I'm trying to connect my kindle fire hd to my wi-fi and can remember where to find the passcode.

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 9:24:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2013 9:29:26 PM PDT
Ronni Pearl says:
I am trying to connect my Wi-Fi by following the directions. I have chosen all 3 networks to try to connect. I type in a 6 letter password and press "submit" and the next screen tells me Kindle is unable to connect to the WiFi. I am given a choice to enter another WiFi network which means nothing to me. I have tried turning Kindle off and on and whatever network I choose I am unable to connect. HELP

Reply to this post

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2013 9:46:30 PM PDT
R. Wilde says:
You can't just type in any 6-letter password... you need to enter the password for that WiFi network, which is probably much longer than 6 characters.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions