Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

how to loan a book from one kindle account to another kindle account

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 22, 2012 3:38:51 AM PDT
T. Jensen says:
How do I loan a book from my kindle account to my sister's kindle account?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 3:58:49 AM PDT
Cassie Anne says:
Info about lending is here: http://www.amazon.com/kindle-lending

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 4:29:41 AM PDT
loriltx says:
I think you'll find the lending thingy very disappointing. Most of the big publishers do not permit it. You might consider registering your kindle to your sister's account or vice versa. That way you would each have access to all of the books on that account.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:34:19 AM PDT
K. D. says:
You mentioned registering a kindle to another account, can one kindle be registered to more than one account?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 4:38:54 AM PDT
SeaLevel274 says:
Not at the same time.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:42:00 AM PDT
K. D. says:
So, you temporarily register it to a friend's account. You download the books you want to read from that account, and then you register it back to your account?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 4:46:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 4:47:15 AM PDT
Yes.

ETA: That will only work on e-ink Kindles. Fires are erased of content if de-registered.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:51:11 AM PDT
K. D. says:
Then, how do you Lend books from one kindle to another?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 4:55:28 AM PDT
Only SOME titles are even lendable. Go to your MYK. Find the title and click Go To Product Page. Once there, it should have a banner saying. "You bought this book on this date". (I mention this so you know it's the version you own.)

If it's lendable, it will say right on that "own" banner "Loan this book." Click it, and follow the instructions.

You must use your friend's REAL email address, NOT the kindle email. She must accept the loan from a "real" email addy.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 4:57:27 AM PDT
P.S. poetic license on the word "own", since we all know we don't really own them.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 6:06:28 AM PDT
In this ephemeral universe do we ever really own anything? Or are we just temporary stewards of the things in our spacial and temporal locality? The paper book you own today was once a tree and before that soil, water, and carbon dioxide in the air. Carbon dioxide that was exhaled by animals and people from all of history. So as you sit there reading the words of Caesar. You may also be reading from the actual words of Caesar.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 6:14:29 AM PDT
Dude. Waaay to early on a Sunday for that. Ring for more coffee.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 6:18:53 AM PDT
Yeah, I don't have my "little words" filter working yet.

So, did y'all see what happened on The Voice/American Idol/So You Think Celebrities Can Dance/The Gong Show last night? Dude, that was epic!

(Better?)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 6:23:29 AM PDT
Are those tv shows?

I do freely admit to going to see "The Hunger Games" on Friday. So I'm not totally against drivel. It was totally forgettable, which is a good thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 6:23:49 AM PDT
I *have* had enough coffee to be able to think of several "small words" for you. Maybe you can guess what they are. >;0)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Apr 22, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions