Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

saved email attachment

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 5, 2012 7:40:53 AM PST
Trying to retrieve a saved email attachment but can't seem to find it ...looked in "Docs". can anyone tell me where my fire default saves email attachments to?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 8:25:12 AM PST
Anthony - You'll probably need to download this free app ES File Explorer and look in the Downloads folder.

Posted on Feb 5, 2012 3:21:22 PM PST
Ansible says:
Don't need ES File to see Download folder. Just go to Web, touch the menu icon at the bottom and you will see an option called Downloads.

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 8:51:20 PM PDT
Sabrena says:
I found downloads, but the saved attachment isn't there. So, I'm still looking for it. Where are saved attachments stored?

Posted on Feb 5, 2013 11:06:32 AM PST
V.R. says:
Sabrena- the question has already been answered by Ansible (above your question).

Posted on Mar 14, 2013 12:34:42 PM PDT
J.E. says:
V.R., that is not the correct answer actually. If you download something off the internet, if can be found in that download folder. If you download an attachment through the email app, it does not go to that folder. If it's a picture, it will go to your "gallery" (look for that in your apps on the device), if it's a document, it will go to "docs" (on the band at the top of home, where you will also find "video" and "music"). Hope this helps, Sabrena.

Posted on Jul 11, 2013 3:34:22 AM PDT
R. Rosas says:
on my kindle fire HD my email downloads are saved to /sdcard/Download/Attachments. There is also a symbolic link to the same path from /mnt.

Posted on Jun 2, 2014 5:27:40 AM PDT
When I "save" an email attachment, it goes to my carousel. I'd like to get it to my DOCS - but how?

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 7:13:54 PM PDT
Paul Prosper says:
I still can't find my downloaded email attachments on my HD Fire. They are not in docs. Help please!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2014 5:01:37 AM PDT
Web. Menu icon upper left. Downloads.

Posted on Feb 19, 2016 9:36:33 AM PST
Thank you R. Rosas! That was exactly what I was looking for. You solved my problem!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
My email icon has disappeared from my carousel. 15 4 minutes ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 6334 5 minutes ago
Gift e-book with gift card balance 12 7 minutes ago
May Informal Poll -- what are you reading? 174 46 minutes ago
Amazon Echo (no invite questions) 7057 50 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 9149 1 hour ago
My kindle won't turn on 3077 1 hour ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7410 1 hour ago
What is Amazon's kindle rreplacement policy? 3 1 hour ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 726 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Feb 5, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 19, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions