Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire First Generation

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2012 10:06:16 PM PST
Last Christmas (2011) I recieved the Kindle Fire as a gift. I started having trouble with the charging port, as many other users have, that the port is lose and that the charging port has to be put a certain way to charge. Well Amazon sent me a new charger. Still the problem continues. In mid September they said they would send me a new Fire but you must provide them with a credit card to do so, which I do not use nor have. And around that time I got a new laptop so I discontinued use of my Fire for the time being. Well I am not back at my Fire as I just got some new toys for it, but I now remember the charging issues. Which is a known issue on the product. I know I am past my one year warranty (by like a few weeks at best) and I was wondering if, do you think Amazon would send me a new Fire? It is indeed a known issues with this model and when I first contact them, they said they would but a note in my file until I got a credit card. I want to make use of my Fire but it just doesn't charge.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 10:10:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2012 10:12:06 PM PST
The only thing you can do is re-contact Customer service

onetwothreefish, do you have a debit card on your bank checking account? Ask if you can use that, if you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 10:12:28 PM PST
I have decided that with all the money put into Fire accessories and the device it self, it is worth trying to get one that actually works! thanks for the answer!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions