Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Apps on device that uses Amazon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 23, 2013 7:44:27 PM PDT
Sofia More says:
I have a kindle fire HD and my mother has an LG phone that uses Amazon to get apps. I had downloaded this really interesting auto tune one and went to my kindle to download it. Though, it was no where to be found on the Amazon store. I was extremely confused and disappointed that I wasn't able to get the same app. I also have complaints on the lack of popular apps that Apple has such as, instagram, a working facebook. There are so many games that I was able to get on apple and Amazon does not have. The lack of apps is frustrating when I want to check my instagram and take a photo to upload. I have found an app that lets you view and comment but nothing more. does any one know if an instagram app coming soon??

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2013 8:00:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2013 8:00:25 PM PDT
There are apps on the Amazon appstore that are not compatible with the Kindle Fire, so if you are shopping for apps from the Fire, you will not even see the "non-compatible" apps. As for app choices, developers have to submit a version of the app to Amazon for inclusion in the appstore, so it's up to each app's developer to do this.

You can also install apps on the Fire from other sources, such as 1mobile.com, goodereader.com, and even from Google Play. You might find this article about "sideloading" apps on the Kindle Fire of interest:

http://androidcowboy.com/2012/01/how-to-sideload-apps-on-kindle-fire/

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 8:42:52 PM PDT
T. Cook says:
"There are so many games that I was able to get on apple and Amazon does not have."

What? People are writing Apps for Apple and not Android (Amazon)? What did they say when you told each of those App Developers to write Apps for Android operating systems?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jul 23, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions