Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire sound problem

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 12, 2014 9:59:11 PM PDT
Stephen c says:
Last night, randomly my external sound cut out. I tried headphones and that seems to work but otherwise no sound comes out when there's no headphones plugged in. About an hour ago, I tested my volume again and it worked but after 5 mins it cut out again and it's gone.

I've tried multiple tests by holding down the power button and downloaded sound/volume apps but none work.

It still works with headphones but I'd rather not have till use headphones EVERY time I use my kindle.

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 10:15:42 PM PDT
Artist says:
Did you hold the power button for a full 30 seconds? If not, try that. Even if the screen looks like it turned off, keep holding the button (time it). Release the button then wait for the Fire to turn off. Turn it back on again.

If that doesn't help, contact Kindle customer service.

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 10:42:03 PM PDT
Stephen c says:
Tried it twice just now and no did not fix it.

And considering my warranty is expired, I highly doubt tech support is going to be helpful since even if it's their product after the warranty expires most company's tell you they'll charge you to fix it. I'll give it a shot regardless.

I also think it could be because of the update. When'm I restarted, youtube looked slightly different so that could be why sound is broken. Dunno

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2014 10:49:09 PM PDT
Artist says:
You're right, they won't repair it or replace it out of warranty, but they will troubleshoot with you over the phone. I remember reading recently that some other people were having the same problem, but I wasn't able to find their posts.

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 11:04:33 PM PDT
Stephen c says:
Well if it's something internal which is what I think it is since headphones work yet the speaker doesn't, then they can troubleshoot all day it won't change anything.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2014
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions