Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle loan download problem

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2012 4:53:20 PM PST
I downloaded a book via our library's e-download service using wi-fi connection. (have done this numerous times before). This time the book appeared in my archived items and title is grayed-out. i.e. I can't access the title.According to the Manage My Collections, the title has been successfully downloaded. Any suggestion on how to access it? I only have the loan for 14 days.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 4:56:55 PM PST
Artist says:
It might be a library book that requires download via usb. Read http://www.amazon.com/kindletransfer for directions.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 10:42:23 AM PST
USB download is an option but isn't required. In fact, I've never downloaded an e-loan from my library using USB-- only via our home wi-fi connection (which seems to be working just find otherwise)
But thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 10:46:48 AM PST
T. Cannon says:
I know that there are a few books that will only work on specific Kindles. Could this be one of those? What type Kindle do you have and what is the book title? This info may help someone help you out.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:17:12 AM PST
It's probably needs to be done via USB--not all of them are marked accordingly, because they originally worked via wifi. Try the USB connection and see if it works.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 1:56:21 PM PST
Artist says:
The publisher, not the library, decides whether you need to download via usb or not. So it may be your first encounter with one of those books. Try the usb download. Or not. Whatever.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 2:03:32 PM PST
If the book was published by Penguin, it can only be transferred via USB. You will have to follow the link posted earlier for directions.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1333 2 hours ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3783 12 minutes ago
I'm Looking for a book 0 17 minutes ago
Gunman kills nine in Munich rampage 8 18 minutes ago
speech to text 2 23 minutes ago
2015 Fire unable to see books on SD after factory reset 1 27 minutes ago
another critical update? 8 32 minutes ago
"your kindle is unable to connect at this time" 66 34 minutes ago
Kindle "Special Editions"? 6 34 minutes ago
Kindle Limericks - Not for the humor impaired 3474 44 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions