Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

I can't deregister my kindle........

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 26, 2011 10:00:27 AM PDT
Cintt Cintt says:
can deregister my kindle..it tells me that i have it registered to a new aact but it is not, and it's a new kindle.

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 10:31:43 AM PDT
Bufo Calvin says:
La'Cintt, I'm a bit confused.

You are trying to deregister your Kindle from an account, so it no longer accesses that account?

One thing that might be confusing is that the choice on the Kindle is what it can do, not what it is now.

If you do

Home-Menu-Settings

and it says

deregister

that is telling you that it is currently registered. Clicking that choice would say you wanted to deregister it.

You can also deregister it from

http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 10:33:48 AM PDT
Darren says:
Was it a gift and registered to the senders account? If so you might need to contact that person to deregister the Kindle from their own Amazon account so you can register it to yours.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2011 11:07:26 AM PDT
A Kindle can be de-registered from the Kindle itself. There's no need to have the gift giver do anything.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 9:18:50 AM PST
Kieran Kelly says:
I'm having issues with my kindle too. It says that it is registered when i go to my menu, but then it says it isn't registered when I try to buy something. Any help someone can offer me?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2011 9:54:58 AM PST
Dylan says:
I'm having the exact same problem.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 9:58:13 AM PST
FranB says:
The servers seem to be overloaded today. Many similar complaints.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 9:58:23 AM PST
RC says:
there's quite a few people with this problem in other threads too. I'd try deregistering from settings if you settings says you are registered, then turn internet off, turn internet back on and re registering on the settings page. if that doesn't work call customer service. They've always been great when I've called them.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 10:07:43 AM PST
Masonhoward says:
I too have been having that issue with my Kindle Touch...Got it as a gift, so it was registered to the giver's account. Deregistered it, registered it to mine, but it says I need to register to buy books. >.<

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 10:10:17 AM PST
Having same problem with my son's. It's registered with my account (which I want to keep). I "bought" a few of the old free books and told it to deliver via wireless to the device but I keep getting a "sign in" error. I went to the device and "bought" them again but I get a "need to register" message. The device shows it's registered. When I tried to de-activate so I can re-register it did nothing.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 11:19:51 AM PST
D. Schoener says:
Me too!

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 11:27:12 AM PST
Same problem here. When I try to buy a book it says I need to register my kindle (which I did already), when I click to register it shows me as registered. I click to deregister thinking I can re-register it to my account to fix, it says that there was an error please try again later.

I'm just going to put it away and see if I can sort it out in a few days when the servers are seeing less traffic and see if it just sorts itself out that way.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 11:44:40 AM PST
Here is how I fixed it after 2 hours of trying. I hit menu...settings...menu..reset to factory settings..then after it reset..I setup the wireless FIRST..then registered my kindle...then it worked very quickly. That is the only way to deregister/register without getting the error it seems. Also, the first time I turned it on..I tried to register before accessing the wireless..hope this helps someone.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 11:56:50 AM PST
Skeeter says:
I just tried Jessica Abrams' suggestion, and the reset to factory setting seemed to work. Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2011 11:57:54 AM PST
David Lewis says:
I had the same issue... I registered first and then enabled wireless. That's seems to be the root of the problem. I did the factory reset as you suggested and enabled wireless before re-registering the device, and now all is well. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 11:59:57 AM PST
Holly says:
Reset to factory defaults. I just got my Kindle, same problem. I just reset it and re-connected to wifi and re-registered--worked right away.

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 12:14:40 PM PST
Had the same issue, tried the above solutions and all is working now!

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2011 2:06:16 PM PST
Lawrence Ho says:
It works. Thanks for the tip. The setting menu lists Registration ahead of wireless. I bet many people falls for this bug!

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 7:47:35 PM PDT
i cannot unlock my kindle. ihave tried dr fixit and after 4 failed attempts trying my password it is still locked.
dr fixit has suggested i deregister my amazon account and start again. if i can do this i will. regards june reynolds

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2016 9:37:26 AM PST
I can't regester my Kindle Fire
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Author credit using Immersion Reading w/Kindle Unlimited 1 33 seconds ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 8759 6 minutes ago
Kindle Fire HD 7" VS. paperwhite 90 7 minutes ago
Amazon Echo (no invite questions) 7250 8 minutes ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 9923 10 minutes ago
Amazon Echo 8896 15 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - June 2016 638 16 minutes ago
Misspellings & Typos In Books 9 21 minutes ago
Music App Won't Open 14 26 minutes ago
anyone else missing the "return for refund" tab within the "actions" tab in the "manage your kindle" section? 188 27 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Jun 26, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 10, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions