Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How do you register your kindle fire?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2011 10:31:48 AM PST
Hal Friedman says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 10:34:46 AM PST
Peasorama says:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_200127470_ksupport_fire?nodeId=200784900

2. Register Your Kindle
After you've successfully connected your Kindle Fire to a Wi-Fi network, register your Kindle.

(Why do I need to register?)

Tap the Quick Settings icon.
Tap the More icon.
Tap My Account.
Tap the Register button and enter the e-mail address and password of your Amazon account. Tap the symbol keyboard button to switch to the numbers and symbols keyboard. Tap the shift key to switch to the uppercase character keyboard. Tap the box next to Show password to display your password as you type.
Tap the Register button when finished.
If you don't already have an Amazon account, tap the Create an account link, or visit Amazon.com on your computer to create one.

When registering your Kindle Fire, you may see a "deregister" instead of "register" option. This means your Kindle Fire is already registered to another account. This may happen if you received your new Kindle Fire as a gift. Select "deregister" to register your Kindle Fire to your Amazon account instead.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 10:36:40 AM PST
TuxGirl says:
The user guide won't let me copy/paste, and i don't want to re-type...
http://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kindle_Fire_Users_Guide.pdf Go to page 6.

If you ordered it on the account you want it registered to, and you did not select that it's a gift, then you shouldn't need to do anything.

Posted on Nov 19, 2011 12:38:34 PM PST
Lost my wi-fi password. Cannot register my FIRE Kindle. Have hit a stone wall! Any suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 1:15:53 PM PST
Elizabeth, around here many establishments offer free wi-fi, such as McDonalds, Panera Bread, Starbucks etc. You could go to one of those and get on their wi-fi and register your Fire. Bear in mind if you don't know the password for your wi-fi network you will have to find a free open wi-fi hotspot every time you want to download any new books or other content to your Fire.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 5:09:00 AM PST
Natasha says:
Does anyone know how to find the date you registered your kindle fire? I know you have 30 days to get the warranty and I would like to make sure I wouldnt have passed the deadline.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 5:24:21 AM PST
Shorian says:
Elizabeth,

One solution might be to do a hard reset on your wireless router to restore it to factory settings. Then you would go through setting it up again. On older routers that is a lot of work. I bought a new Cisco (Linksys) E2500 router which I found very easy to set up. It also has a CD with a utility to find lost passwords. If your wireless router is an older model, you might consider getting a new model. Setup has improved a lot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 3:02:18 PM PST
Robert Olsen says:
No, I sure don't

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 11:58:06 AM PDT
Ina J. Brown says:
i did get this as a gife my name ina brown my email is janiebrown@twlakes.net help me registered please

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 10:49:47 AM PDT
Betty Boop says:
my kindle fire is a gift & I registered instead of deregister .. how do I correct this ?????

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 8:12:59 AM PDT
Mikef says:
I have a new kindle fire, how do I register in a weak wifi area.
I also have the previous touch kindle , how do I transfer my books etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 8:15:56 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
You need to get to a better wifi area or purchase a new wifi router for your home. Without dependable wifi you are going to miss out on a lot of the features of the fire.

Once you register the fire to the same Amazon account as the touch all your books will be in the cloud and you can download them to the fire by tapping on the cover.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2015 7:38:30 AM PST
steve says:
MY FIRE WILL NOT ACCEPT MY E-MAIL OR PASSWORD.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2015 7:49:57 AM PST
MikeJW says:
Good to know, Steve... but, why're you yelling?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2016 7:29:50 PM PDT
linda smith says:
mine wonr either what to do?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
July 2016 Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 9 41 seconds ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 8807 56 seconds ago
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 5651 1 minute ago
don't post in this thread... 3679 3 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 7759 8 minutes ago
So can you turn the Paperwhite light completely off? 755 9 minutes ago
Kindle on Samsung Galaxy 2 10 minutes ago
Word processor works on Kindle Paperwhite, but I miss a larger font. 31 14 minutes ago
Amazon Oasis 2005 24 minutes ago
deleting books off a tablet 35 25 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2011
Latest post:  24 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions