Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle with advertizements

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 1, 2012 10:50:27 AM PST
Has anyone tried the kindle for $69 that sends advertizements? I am considering ordering this for my grandson (12 yrs) but I am concerned about the types of ads, are they appropiate for children and if they are intrusive. Also, if the ads have to be declined your if you just change the page.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 11:02:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 11:02:49 AM PST
The Blade says:
The ads (actually special offers) ONLY show up on the sleep page and a small area at the bottom of the home page. They do not show up at all in a book. They do not need to be declined, in fact you have to select the ad, read about it and then follow a process to buy. not a single step thing by any means.

I've yet to see one that I would be concerned with a child viewing.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 11:05:15 AM PST
margin says:
can i get rid of the advertisement at the bottom of my home page?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 11:09:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012 11:10:04 AM PST
The Blade says:
Sure. Buy the full priced unit for $89. The discount is for a unit with special offers. If you have already bought the discounted unit, Amazon allows you to pay back the discount and remove the special offers.

You can't have both an ad supported unit for less money and see no ads. That is what the discount is all about.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 11:25:39 AM PST
Dragi Raos says:
"Has anyone tried the kindle for $69 that sends advertizements?"

What do you think, eh? :o)

As SB said - I have PaperWhite with special offers that are useless to me (I live outside of the USA), but they don't bother me at all (except that I sometimes wish they do apply to me - there are some rather nice ones).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions