Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

iPod

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 1:41:24 PM PST
I have an iPod touch and I would like to know if I could transfer music and apps between the iPod and Kindle. I would also like to know if I can use iTunes on the Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 1:43:54 PM PST
Let's assume you're talking about Kindle Fire and not an e-ink reader. Fire supports .MP3 audio as well as .M4A, which is the unprotected iTunes format. iOS apps are not support ony any Android device, nor the other way around. The iTunes software is also not supported by Android.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:18:27 PM PST
iOS apps will not run on a Fire and vice versa. You cannot use iTunes with a Kindle, only iOS devices. You can export songs from iTunes in MP3 format, though, and copy them onto a Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 2:44:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 2:45:04 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Hmmm. If you put your Amazon-purchased MP3s on the cloud, you can download them to iTunes and, thus, to your iPod. (That is what I do)

I don't think that you can go the other way, though. (I don't like the sound quality on my Keyboard Kindles - the only Kindle devices I have with audio capability - so I never use it for any audio function.)

I don't think you can use any app on a Kindle that doesn't come via the app-store. (I don't know anything at all about the Fire models and uncertain if the games on the other Kindle models qualify as apps.)

DL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 3:19:52 PM PST
R. D. Clark says:
"I don't think that you can go the other way, though."

If your iTunes music is not DRM-protected (Apple stopped that in, I think, 2009), you can upload it to your Amazon Cloud or sideload it directly to your Fire. You can import up to 250 songs from your computer for free; more requires a paid plan. Click on "import your music" in the Cloud player to get started. Like iTunes Match, CP will first identify each song and see if it already has a 256kps copy of the same track in its library, and will use that instead of uploading a copy of yours.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 4:02:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 4:03:11 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Sorry I wasn't more specific. I was addressing the iTunes -> Kindle part (the last sentence in the OP.) Yes, you can iTunes -> Cloud -> Kindle.

DL
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions