Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Bible for Kindle Fire

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 11, 2012 9:34:08 AM PST
What is the best bible for the kindle fire.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 9:36:02 AM PST
Dustin says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 9:39:12 AM PST
Q says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 9:40:32 AM PST
Dustin says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 9:40:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2012 9:41:23 AM PST
Q says:
Daniel,
Could you be more specific? Are you asking about translation or easy navigation on the Kindle Fire? "Best" is such a relative and personal choice word.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 9:40:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2012 9:41:22 AM PST
Daniel- It depends on the translation you want! I use this NASB translation and find it fairly easy to navigate.
I also got this app yesterday and it's free Daily Bible App in case you have a kindle fire.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 9:42:26 AM PST
I am looking for a good kjv, niv, or amplified bible

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 9:48:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2012 10:57:06 AM PST
Q says:
Okay, that helps. All of those navigate in a similar way (Table of Contents).

Do you want a study Bible version?

I recently bought the latest 2011 NIV Study Bible:
NIV Study Bible
that was *made* for color ereaders so it uses a lot more color. Excellent maps, etc. Even though it is $20, I think it's worth it.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 9:50:07 AM PST
Try these KJV bibles:
Kindle Bible (KJV) (best navigation with Direct Verse Jump; paragraphed)
SearchByVerseTM Bible (KING JAMES VERSION): Fully Searchable By Book, Chapter and Verse: SEARCHABLE KJV BIBLE WITH COLOR ILLUSTRATIONS [Illustrated] (SearchByVerse Bible | Search By Verse Bible)
Download a sample first to see if one of these works for you. The KJV seems to have the most searchable kindle versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 9:55:07 AM PST
Bible is a good one. It's got most bible translations to choose from, and its free

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 9:55:27 AM PST
gadjetGirl59 says:
Try the "And Bible". You can download different translations and also you can download books. I like it because I have several translation downloaded and I switch back and forth.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 10:02:19 AM PST
Thanks for all your help. This will enhance my bibile reading experience. I want to just carry my kindle without anyother books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2012 10:59:16 AM PST
Q says:
"The KJV seems to have the most searchable kindle versions. "

SkirmishofWit,
Not on the Kindle Fire, it isn't. The Fire has not searchable indexes so all Bible versions (incl KJV) must rely on the table of contents. No 'direct jump' technology works for the Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 10:39:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2012 11:18:59 AM PST
Bev says:
For the Kindle Fire the Bible Reader Olive Tree App BibleReader
is a good choice giving you the capability of choosing many Bible translations, study bibles, the ability to highlight, underline, copy/paste, split the screen and have a bible open and another book/commentary, bible dictionary or another bible translation open below it.
View the Olive Tree website Olivetree.com to see all that is available.

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 10:49:26 AM PST
**Meya** says:
Holy Bible: New American Standard Bible (NASB 1977 edition)

ESV Study Bible

I like these. They are easily navigated on the Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 6:10:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 17, 2012 6:11:37 AM PDT
Mitch Wein says:
Tecarta is easily the best for the Kindle Fire. It takes just 3 taps to get to any verse. Search and find any word in seconds. It offers KJV, NIV and NIV Study Notes.

Osnova Direct Jump to Verse Bibles are the best for the Kindle Keyboard. However, they do not function well with the Kindle Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2012 6:20:36 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Think I will stay with YouVersion. Much better price :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2012 7:42:17 AM PDT
Kevin Fine says:
You Version is a very nice app but it does NOT allow ANY form of notations or margin notes UNLESS you have a wifi connection to their server. Needless to say, this made the app a pain to use at church where there is NO wifi... Unless you want to open a note taking app to make your "margin notes" and then return to your bible, this app is not as portable as I would like it to be...

Posted on May 3, 2012 9:29:38 PM PDT
R. Figueroa says:
I purchased the Holy Bible, KJV with Strong's Markup and Dictionary. I can't tell if it will do what I hoped it would since I am not that "tech savvy." It will show me the Strong's numbers for the word (for example: Ark=8392) but I don't know how to make it show me all the places in the Bible that particular word for "Ark" appears. Am I making sense? Because there's Noah's "Ark" and then there's the "Ark" of the convenant. If I do a simple word search in using my other Kindle bible, it will pull up all the places where "Ark" appears, but I need to be able to choose which Ark I'm referencing, and usually that's done with a Strong's number. I don't know what to do or what I need as it concerns my Kindle Fire. HELP!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for the Original Kindle Paperwhite
0 4 days ago
Announcement
News: Kindle for Android app Update 4.13 Now Available
0 11 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 18 days ago
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Update 4.9 Now Available
0 May 27, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
60 May 19, 2015
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
Al's Place 35mm 8871 5 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage in Canada 245 9 minutes ago
RAOK 82 has a spring in its step! 4670 10 minutes ago
Trouble with Creatures of Olympus Apps 2 13 minutes ago
Kindle / Audible Recommendations and Deals (KARD) 2549 14 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Jan 11, 2012
Latest post:  May 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions