Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Is there a quicker way to delete several books at once?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 60 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2012 9:01:41 PM PDT
Rob Mattheu says:
I have several documents and library books that I want to delete from the "Manage My Kindle" view. Is there a quick way to do this in bulk? Amazon requires too many steps and the interface is very slow.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 9:02:39 PM PDT
Bixillarla says:
Nope. Have to do it one at a time, there is no way to mark them and delete them all at once.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 9:50:48 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 4, 2012 9:51:38 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2012 10:41:32 PM PDT
No. Amazon doesn't want nontechie users accidentally erasing their whole libraries for good in one fell swoop.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 5:47:23 AM PDT
Hynek Cihlar says:
A recycle bin would help to prevent accidental deletes. The slow delete makes kindle harder to use as reader for frequent and small documents.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 6:02:34 AM PDT
Debi says:
I generally have about 5 tabs open to MYK page. You have to wait for it to finish searching all the books before you start. By the time you go through all five tabs removing, the first one is done searching so you can start over. Sometimes you have to resign in, and then you can do a bunch more.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 6:04:28 AM PDT
JC says:
If you're quick, you can delete two books from the same page before the screen refreshes. But make sure you've got the right book.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 6:11:21 AM PDT
Hynek Cihlar says:
@JC, ouch!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 6:12:46 AM PDT
Hynek Cihlar says:
Clever, but not acceptable in the 21st century!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 4:29:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 4:45:18 PM PST
Anand Saxena says:
Deleting documents is a weak point in the Kindle's design. I should be able to delete a document from the Kindle itself - like the photo stream feature of iPhone. I love to email web articles to read on my Kindle. I just found out I get kicked back to page 1 (defaulting to date sort) after the screen refreshes. Wow, truly a sadist would design such a painful and frustrating experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 5:02:51 PM PST
 nospin  says:
Send your comments to kindle-feedback@amazon.com

Amazon does not read the forums.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 5:27:57 PM PST
Anand Saxena says:
I don't think they are reading feedback either, not all of it anyway :-).

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:08:31 PM PST
Big Dave says:
not true. called spoke with a manager and a lot of these forums are watched and sometimes they are the ones posting the help for the customers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 6:15:27 PM PST
 nospin  says:
On the Help forum they post, not here.
99.9% of the remarks here are not seen by anyone from Amazon.

You can send a permalink to a forum post in your email to them. I have received positive feedback for doing that.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 8:05:29 AM PST
Debalicious says:
Also extremely frustrated with this. It's horrible usability, I've got about 12 pages and need to delete at least half of them, will take me a whole day. Ridiculous in this day and age.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 8:13:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013 8:13:53 AM PST
LadyH95 says:
You're right. It's ridiculous that Amazon wants to prevent the accidental deletion of items that would have to be repurchased should you ever want to access it in the future.

/sarcasm

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 8:16:36 AM PST
Or in one swell foop, for that matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 7:52:10 PM PST
Somebody says:
They already have a confirm screen warning that you have to repurchase the item if you delete it and then want to see it again. I think that's enough hand-holding.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 12:24:59 PM PST
I too am appalled with the current way delete is handled.
It's pretty much unacceptable. At least, allow me to batch-delete content in "Personal Documents" which is where stuff I e-mail to my kindle resides.
As for "deleting the content by mistake" - a recycle bin will solve this of course. Also, Amazon anyway keeps track of your purchases, so they should know you paid for something and allow you to download it again. I am sure they anyway don't keep a personal copy for every user... so the rule that if I delete something it means I can't re-load it again is ridiculous. All you need is a checkbox next to each book, that says "remove the copy from my kindle".

Bottom line... Amazon should fix this.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 12:55:16 PM PST
Beth Sexton says:
Michael, this check and delete used to work. It has stopped working for me but that may be because I switch to Window 8.

http://pepa.info/check-and-delete/

You can see that a simple java script would do the trick if Amazon would implement it.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 1:03:56 PM PST
Anand Saxena says:
Check and Delete works well with Windows 7 and Firefox. The lack of this feature is gross ineptitude on the part of Amazon's Kindle team.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 2:49:33 PM PST
Beth Sexton says:
Anand, when Amazon changed the Cloud Player and I had to delete a bunch of my mp3s, I complained that I had to do them one at a time. The next day there was a Check and Delete option so Amazon knows how to do it, they just do not care.

Posted on Mar 16, 2013 12:22:41 AM PDT
GamerGirl says:
I agree with Michael Stahl- it's ridiculous. So is the whole 'once deleted it's gone forever' thing. I can delete my DLC for my ps3 games and re-download it because the network KNOWS what I purchased and downloaded previously. It's connected to my account/screen name. It's not rocket science.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 12:38:06 AM PDT
Sue says:
Debi,

Wow you only have five. I have a lot more and still delete things one at a time. I also have some problems with a browser and can only do it on certain computers.

I am not complaining because I very seldom delete books from my cloud because I do not what to buy them again. I have only deleted maybe two books because I really did not like them. I can not remeber the titles. They were really bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2013 3:17:55 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Just like you can delete content from your devices and download them again because Amazons system knows you have previously bought them. But if you log into your account through your computer and then delete them they are gone forever as it should be. What does rocket science have to do with anything????
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  60
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions