Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Old to New Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2012 4:16:58 AM PDT
Maggie says:
Will all my books on my older kindle transfer to the Kindle fire>

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 4:31:33 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
no, they won't "transfer", but you can download from your Cloud all the books bought from and transferred through Amazon from your account if you register it to the same account

what you won't be able to "transfer" in that manner are samples and books from other sources that were not downloaded via amazon

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:07:57 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 1:08:25 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:09:03 PM PST
S Allen says:
What can you do with an old Kindle?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:10:18 PM PST
S Allen says:
Which Kindle is easier to use --paper white or fire

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:10:59 PM PST
Does it work? If so, I'd keep it. (I have two myself.) You can use it to loan to friends, or to have an extra to carry with you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:11:23 PM PST
For what? If you're looking for a dedicated reader, the paperwhite is probably what you want. If you want a more tablet-y experience (videos, games, etc, and some reading) you want the Fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:11:40 PM PST
**Meya** says:
Neither are difficult to use, but they are two completely different type of devices. What is the main reason you have for getting a Kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:12:35 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
A lot of people use e-ink Kindles to read on and the Fires for everything else. I don't know if easier is the right question to ask since they are both pretty easy to use and are both touch screens.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:12:38 PM PST
King Al says:
Give/sell it to someone, use it as a spare, use it to lend books to someone (just lend that person the Kindle), etc.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:19:27 PM PST
B. Marks says:
I have some old Kindles and I've been using them to loan books. I recently sold one for a decent price. I still have a couple of others and I'm glad to have them.

Barry

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 4:01:05 AM PST
S Allen says:
I want (and that is the key-want over need) an e-reader. I have an ipad--but find it bulkier when reading. I have an older version of a Kindle, which I got in July of 2010. It still works but the new ones seem less bulky and easier to travel with. Not sure if that is true but rational for wanting a new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 9:11:55 PM PST
D. Keithley says:
For what it's worth, I have a KK and I purchased a PW back in October...and I love it! I still have my KK, but I love the size and lighting of my PW.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 2:54:01 AM PST
S Allen says:
Thanks--I went with the impulse and purchased a Paperwhite. How hard was it to transfer my books from my old one to the new one??? I am excited and can't wait for it to get here!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 8:33:57 AM PST
Mary McManus says:
To get the books already in your Kindle library, register the new one to the same account if that did not happen automatically, which it usually does. Go to your account on your computer and select Manage your Kindle. There you will find all of your books listed. There is a drop down box called Actions next to each book. Select that, and you can send a book to your new device. You need to do this individually for each book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 10:19:57 AM PST
S Allen says:
Thx.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Kindle Fire HD 7 model #X43Z60. I need a new battery 2 5 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 8 8 minutes ago
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 7963 11 minutes ago
When joining Kindle Unlimited, 6 18 minutes ago
85° and Sunny - A Perfect Day to RAOK! 4455 21 minutes ago
Latest update just bricked my Kindle PW - Amazon doesn't care 23 23 minutes ago
My kindle won't turn on 3031 24 minutes ago
Youtube on Kindle Fire Hd 6 3 25 minutes ago
Is The Old List Format Gone? 38 27 minutes ago
Oasis first impressions 249 35 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Oct 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions