Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Three broken kindles

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 18, 2013 7:45:25 AM PDT
ritadel says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 7:47:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2013 7:48:08 AM PDT
T. Cook says:
What? A device out of warranty won't be replaced?

You'll probably have better luck at Apple.

(I'm impressed, I've never known anyone who _needed_ to play scrabble...)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 7:54:11 AM PDT
Dittie says:
What did you do to break three of them?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 7:55:04 AM PDT
BeeTeeDubs? No one "needs" to play Scrabble. Just sayin'.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 7:55:39 AM PDT
Amazing. 3 Kindles in 1 year!! Others have had Kindles that last years. How are they "breaking"? Usually "break" says physical damage which wouldn't be covered under normal warranties anyway.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 7:57:33 AM PDT
I just don't understand why some people have all the bad luck. Then there are those of us with multiple Kindles and no problems. What are the odds that someone with one faulty Kindle will get two more faulty Kindles? If it were me I would stay away from electronic devices. Especially those that cost a lot of money.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:00:34 AM PDT
YG49 says:
Try this
Scrabble Crossword Game

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:00:45 AM PDT
Goodness! What did you do to them? I have a 2.5 yo DX that works great. So does my nearly 2 yo KK.

So what are you doing to those poor Kindles?

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 8:04:04 AM PDT
Dittie says:
Great, now I have the "three broken Kindles, two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree" earworm.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:05:21 AM PDT
Right?? We have 2 KKs, 2 Basics, 1 Paperwhite, and 3 Fires at my house. Every one of them is in perfect operating condition. How does 1 person break 3 of them?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:07:57 AM PDT
Practice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:08:30 AM PDT
BWAHahahahah! ~snort~

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:13:11 AM PDT
Hahahahahaha!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:15:02 AM PDT
Yep. 2 DXs and 2 KKs here - and they work just fine.

My husband killed one of each by dropping them, but that was clearly operator error, not a fault of the device. They didn't just magically stop working.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:24:47 AM PDT
I dropped one of my KKs last weekend and my heart jumped into my throat. It was pure stupidity on my part, too many things in my hands and I was trying to zip my purse shut while walking down the stairs of a parking garage. Denali was fine though. A couple of scratches on the skin and what would have been a scratch on the screen if not for the screen protector. I'm sure the cover took much of the fall and probably saved him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 8:39:42 AM PDT
I've dropped mine once or twice, and yeah, I know that heart in the throat feeling. Fortunately, mine survived. My husband's must have hit in just the wrong way.

After the first incident, we decided we each needed 2 Kindles, just in case.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 8:56:34 AM PDT
I just don't know what I need to do - none of the kindles that I've bought have failed while they were in use. I don't think that I've gotten my money's worth. After all, I only had one usb cord fail and they replaced it (oh, a bit of tape and I still use it, so I feel a bit guilty) and they did replace one of those covers that caused all of the problems. Sigh, but my wife's Kindle 2 is still going strong (it's on loan to an older lady who barley manages to keep it charged), my Kindle 2 did expire after it had been sitting on my grandson's shelf for more than a year. I could have gotten a replacement at a lower cost, but chose to send it to the recyclers. One of these days I need to check on my Kindle Keyboard - one of my sons has it. I hope it still works since he has been at a summer camp for special needs children this past week and his ipad was broken by accident. That leaves my two Kindle Fires, a 1st gen and a 8.9 - both of which keep chugging along - no battery problems, no power plug problems, just a lot of fun (I have taken a bit of a "walk on the wild side" and now have an operational android 4.2.2 rom loaded on the 1st gen KF - but thats a topic for other forums).

My question is kinda like many of you that have already posted - why am am so lucky?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 9:06:23 AM PDT
Quick, knock on wood. You don't want to jinx your good luck by questioning it. Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 9:21:37 AM PDT
Good advice, I knocked on my wooden desk and my head - just to cover all bases.

Not to change the subject, but is it true that the quilter with the biggest stash and the most ufos - when they die - wins? :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 9:24:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2013 10:51:30 AM PDT
No. It's just like knitters - She who dies with the biggest stash and the most ufos is dead. When's the estate sale?

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 10:01:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 18, 2013 11:14:54 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 10:09:52 AM PDT
Dittie says:
Dude, all that's going to get you is a boatload of spam but you probably deserve it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 10:23:52 AM PDT
Just Peachy says:
bbwwaahhhaa...love that

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 11:25:17 AM PDT
I broke one. I dropped it and when I grabbed for it I slapped it across the room and against a concrete wall covered in ceramic tile. Other than that, I have three Kindles and have given two away. All of the five or working fine. I suggest the OP go back to paper books which can have a higher survival rate with her.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 11:42:48 AM PDT
We've decided that the best thing is for us to go together - that way neither one has to be embarrassed when the estate sale lady comes in and faints - cause I'm into model trains ...

We now return control to more nonsense and related discussions.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! We're Quirky And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore! 2016, You've Been Warned! So Geese And Tally Ho! 7977 1 minute ago
Amazon Oasis 827 11 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 9065 15 minutes ago
Can't open AOL Mail on Kindle Fire - could before 11 31 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)---May 2016 28 32 minutes ago
Page Numbers vs. Locations = Decision to Buy Kindle or Not 1665 45 minutes ago
Can no longer connect to AOL Mail 2 53 minutes ago
Isssue: Paperwhite jumps back and forward a couple of pages without any touch on screen during reading 1 53 minutes ago
May Informal Poll -- what are you reading? 5 1 hour ago
Kindle Oasis 160 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Jul 18, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions