Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Bright Pixels on next gen paperwhite

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 3, 2013 4:25:12 PM PDT
B. Bowen says:
Ive got four bright white pixels on various spots on my screen. Is this normal for a Paperwhite?

This is my first Kindle. I find them very distracting.

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 4:27:17 PM PDT
SeaLevel274 says:
No, that is not normal.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 4:33:11 PM PDT
It's a screen defect. I had that on my Paperwhite too. If you are within 30 days, return it as defective to Amazon and purchase a new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 4:38:10 PM PDT
B. Bowen says:
I just got it today. I'm on chat with Amazon but the rep is completely not comprehending me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 4:41:25 PM PDT
Miss Carol says:
Tell them the screen is damaged and you want it replaced. They'll send you a new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 4:41:27 PM PDT
You can just return it as defective. No need to deal with customer service. From your orders page, you will see a return option. Amazon pays for return shipping on damaged or defective products.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 4:42:22 PM PDT
Well, be careful... If you want to be guaranteed a new Kindle, return it within 30 days an purchase a new one. Any warranty replacements can be refurbished units instead of new ones.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 4:44:08 PM PDT
Miss Carol says:
The OP said they got it today - that's within 30 days.

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 4:49:41 PM PDT
B. Bowen says:
I'd hope that since this Paperwhite was just launched on Monday that they wouldn't have refurbs yet! Rep is sending me a replacement. It almost looks like there is dust under the glass.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 5:01:40 PM PDT
Yes, but if you have Amazon do a warranty replacement, you may get a refurbished unit. That's why it's better to just RETURN a defective unit and order a new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 5:02:26 PM PDT
Refurbs are just customer returns that are tested and guaranteed to work like new, so they may have had returns from day 1. Just making the point.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 5:03:29 PM PDT
Miss Carol says:
Until you posted after I did - I hadn't realized that was an option. I was glad to see your post saying that. The last Kindle I bought was my KK - which is still working fine(ish) and I haven't needed to get a new one yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 5:04:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2013 5:07:02 PM PDT
I hope your KK keeps working just fine, since it's been discontinued by Amazon. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 5:06:43 PM PDT
Miss Carol says:
Although I would love a new PW! Everything I've read about it makes it seem wonderful. But it's not money I need to spend as long as I can still read on my KK.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 5:07:22 PM PDT
B. Bowen says:
Well, the rep assured me it would be new. But they don't want me to send back the cable or manual which makes me a bit weary. So, I asked "If Im getting a new unit, why am I not sending these things back? Wouldnt a new unit come with a cable and manual?" Then the chat crashed while the rep was answering!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 5:07:40 PM PDT
I have the 1st Paperwhite, and I really do like it. the screen is a huge improvement over using a light with the Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 5:08:44 PM PDT
B. Bowen - See what you get. If the new one contains everything you need, just return all the contents with the defective one.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 5:09:15 PM PDT
Miss Carol says:
That's actually just standard. I think it's so that you can continue to read with your device until it comes. When my KK broke (within the first year I had it) they said the same thing. It's just how they do it.

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 5:15:20 PM PDT
B. Bowen says:
Ok, thanks for the assistance ladies! New unit should be here Monday.

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 4:14:00 PM PDT
J.J.R says:
B. Bowen, was your new one ok? Mine arrived today and I've got the same problem.

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 4:52:20 PM PDT
B. Bowen says:
Nope, the replacement actually had a section if the screen that was corrupt. I got a third unit which seems fine at this point.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 6:08:11 AM PDT
J.J.R says:
I got a replacement. Im now down to about 2 white pin pricks and 4 dead dark pixels. Is it realistic to hope for a perfect screen? Trying to decide if I should go for round 3.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 6:08:22 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 23, 2013 6:08:38 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 6:54:50 AM PDT
B. Bowen says:
My third unit was bad pixel free.

Posted on Oct 23, 2013 7:09:46 AM PDT
K. Snowden says:
I had the same problem--white, bright pixels. But the replacement, while pin prick free, has a MUCH darker and slightly greenish screen. I'm debating just getting my money back and waiting for the new Nook, at this point.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1343 7 minutes ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 5748 12 seconds ago
kindle fire black screen 242 9 minutes ago
Al's Place 36 Degrees of Separation 2388 32 minutes ago
Internal storage maxing out when it shouldn't 72 34 minutes ago
July 2016 Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 135 34 minutes ago
kindle wifi connection problem 2 41 minutes ago
Kindle screen flickers out immediately upon turning on, can't slide to use 1 43 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 1554 1 hour ago
help with a used Kindle 2 I bought 2 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Oct 3, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions