Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Managing Titles to Specific Kindles

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 25, 2013 8:27:11 AM PST
I have my own Kindle and my children just got Kindle Fire's for Christmas. Is there ways to manage what titles go to there Kindle Fire's? I don't want some of the books I have to show up on the Kindles. Thanks for your help!

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 8:31:21 AM PST
I was wondering the same thing. We bought two Kindle Fire HD's for our kids and didn't want each others downloads to pop up on the other's.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2013 9:37:23 AM PST
 Ann says:
All Kindles registered to the same account will have access to the content in the account.

The Fires have the FreeTime app that can be used to limit what content a child can see, but it may be too restrictive for older children. See http://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201295180.

If FreeTime won't work for you, and you don't want your children to see your content, you'll need to consider a separate account for the kids' Fires.

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 9:50:22 AM PST
I actually considered that, but I wouldn't be able to use my Amazon Prime account and I really dislike that! Is there a place to make suggestions for upgrades to the software and controls within Amazon anywhere?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2013 9:52:10 AM PST
TuxGirl says:
Kindle-fire-feedback@amazon.com.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2013 9:54:25 AM PST
Thank you!

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 10:14:52 AM PST
Having the same problem. I assumed it would be like the parental controls on the old kindles where it restricts access to the cloud and only shows books you specifically send to the device. You can add a book you have to the Kindle FreeTime app, but I found that to be a cumbersome process. Additionally my kids are older than the FreeTime recommended age, so it seems they need to expand the parental controls outside that app a bit.

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 11:07:08 AM PST
I bought my husband a Kindle Fire HD 7" for Christmas but the Amazon account is in my name,. Do I need his Kindle registered in my name in order to use the Cloud Reader and other apps?
Thanks
Karen West

Posted on Dec 25, 2013 11:13:47 AM PST
For all the parents, I suggest you check this thread, which has a great deal of information about Kindles and kids:

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=cm_cd_tft_tp?ie=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1GLDPZMNR1X53&cdThread=Tx32874AAAPWE1M
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for the Original Kindle Paperwhite
0 4 days ago
Announcement
News: Kindle for Android app Update 4.13 Now Available
0 10 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 17 days ago
Announcement
News: Kindle for iOS Update 4.9 Now Available
0 May 27, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Announcement
Meet other story lovers at Write On by Kindle
60 May 19, 2015
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 Feb 2, 2015
July 2015 Informal Poll--What Are You Reading Now? 105 1 minute ago
RAOK 82 has a spring in its step! 4609 4 minutes ago
mirroring tv on to kindle 1 6 minutes ago
Welcome To The Quirky Zoo! Home To Many Exotic and Everyday Creatures Including a Platypus! 2123 8 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 6475 9 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 25, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions