Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

how many times can you loan book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2012 5:35:54 AM PDT
Jennifer says:
Just curious to know, and can't find on the webpage, how many times can you loan a book through kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 5:38:18 AM PDT
Once.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 5:38:53 AM PDT
quilt lover says:
One time, for 14 days IF the publisher allows it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 5:52:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2012 5:53:21 AM PDT
Bixillarla says:
You didn't look very hard then, the very first paragraph on the Lending help page says 1 time:

"Lending Kindle Books
Kindle books can be loaned to another reader for a period of 14 days. The borrower does not need to own a Kindle -- Kindle books can also be read using our free Kindle reading applications for PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android devices. Not all books are lendable -- it is up to the publisher or rights holder to determine which titles are eligible for lending. The lender will not be able to read the book during the loan period. Books can only be loaned once, and subscription content is not currently available for lending."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200549320&qid=1350305572&sr=1-1

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 6:02:17 AM PDT
Jennifer says:
Thanks for posting the answer to my question. I must not have looked very hard, but didn't need to be called out on it either ;)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:15:52 AM PST
I assume this means you can loan it ONLY one time...ever. Correct? It would be nice if you could loan it to multiple friends, only one time to each person. I've loaned my real books to multiple people over time...it would be nice if I could do the same with the e-books. One reason I prefer still buying real books...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:17:57 AM PST
**Meya** says:
The way to duplicate that with a Kindle book is to buy one of the Basic model Kindles, and use it to loan to friends. Just like a book, you hand them the Kindle. Only one person can be using it at a time, and when they are done, you pass it on to someone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 6:25:04 AM PST
That's actually not a terrible idea...:-)

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2015 7:15:14 PM PDT
s.singleton says:
Thank you. I was thinking the same thing. So rude.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2015 7:21:29 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
So you think an almost 3 year old post is rude? Cool
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Software Update for the Original Kindle Paperwhite
0 Jul 1, 2015
Announcement
News: Kindle for Android app Update 4.13 Now Available
0 Jun 25, 2015
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 Jun 18, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
KINDLE KITCHEN #5: Home of Family, Friends and Good Food 1804 1 minute ago
Al's Place 35mm 9178 3 minutes ago
App compatability 2 4 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The times they are a changin' 8272 7 minutes ago
Fire Phone Discussion 50 7 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks III 6726 8 minutes ago
$79 Kindle Paperwhite Promo 41 14 minutes ago
Welcome To The Quirky Zoo! Home To Many Exotic and Everyday Creatures Including a Platypus! 5206 17 minutes ago

Thank you for your support of Amazon Discussion Forums. Due to the changing needs of Amazon Forums, we have decided to stop supporting the ‘Active discussions in related forums’ feature in order to focus on providing the most value for our customers.  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2012
Latest post:  May 27, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions