Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

kindle fire - sharing of books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 27, 2011 7:11:38 AM PST
Joan Baker says:
I'm thinking about purchasing a Kindle Fire. Are you able to share kindle books with other people?

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 7:13:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2011 7:14:34 AM PST
Malachi says:
It depends upon whether the publisher of the book allows lending. When a publisher does allow lending, the book can be lent only once for two weeks.

The book's product page will state whether lending is allowed.

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 7:42:25 AM PST
Some books are lendable, once only for 14 days only.

However, any two or more Kindles, KIndle Fires, and/or Kindle apps (Kindle for pc, for iPad, etc.) that are registered to the SAME account share content. There are many family groups with multiple Kindles in various locales all registered to the same account.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2011 6:11:22 AM PST
where do I find the book's product page

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2011 6:13:01 AM PST
You look up the book.

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 4:33:04 PM PST
Áõñü says:
If you want to share kindle fire books with friends, here are two methods to share books on Kindle fire, follow me step by step.
http://www.epubor.com/share-kindle-fire-books-with-friends.html

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 6:05:40 PM PST
When you say, share an account, do you mean simply purchasing from the same credit card number?

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 7:01:57 PM PST
C. S. Jones says:
Must be registered to the same account. Credit card numbers have nothing to do with sharing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012 4:34:51 AM PST
loriltx says:
All devices registered to the same Amazon account can share the books. Obviously, whatever credit card is linked to the account will get charged for the purchases. My husband, my father-in-law, and me are on the same account. When my father-in-law purchases a book, he just gives me the money the next time we see him or sends us a check if he orders several. Lots of people on this forum share an account. Even book clubs will share an account so that all members can read read the book for the cost of one or two books (depending on the size of the book club).

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 11:50:50 AM PST
Doug Olson says:
I purchased a Fire for my wife, but I am the registered owner on the account. Can she also register on the account so she can do apps like Facebook, web surfing, etc?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 11:52:11 AM PST
Yes, she can.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 11:56:49 AM PST
Joan Long says:
Here is information on the lending library:

Kindle Lending Library
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_cn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200549320

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 12:28:47 PM PST
Doug Olson says:
Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 6:34:39 PM PST
M.Davis says:
I can't figure out how to get the book from my kindle fire to my andriod. Can you help??

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 6:44:01 PM PST
Joan Long says:
Hi M. Davis,
If your android is registered with Amazon on the Manage Your Kindle page, you can find the book there and on the right side, there is a selection down arrow. Click on it and your android should show up there for you to download the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2012 7:19:26 PM PST
A. Dietz says:
Install the Kindle app on your android device (you can get it from the android market or from the amazon app store). Once it's installed and registered to the same account as your Kindle Fire, click on the archive tab on the Kindle app. All your kindle books should be listed there, just press on a title to download it.

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 7:14:32 AM PST
I upgraded to a Fire this week. Before, I was able to register/deregister with various friends and I'd have all books from their account AND from mine. I try that with the Fire and it only keeps one account's books on my device. I can't have their and my books on my Fire at the same time! Am I doing something wrong?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 7:21:31 AM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
It is set up that way. You are not supposed to be doing what you were doing.

Posted on May 2, 2012 10:16:38 AM PDT
I am thinking of buying a Fire for my husband. I already have one and LOVE IT! Can I share books from mine to his and vice versa? Can he have his own credit card on his to purchase books and apps if I register it on my account?

Posted on May 16, 2012 1:20:29 PM PDT
I just got my mom a Kindle Fire and her boyfriend has some Android-based tablet. They both have their own separate Amazon accounts and are wanting to share books between these two devices. Is this possible, and if so how?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 1:28:08 PM PDT
New Girl says:
They must be on the same account to share books. If the book is lendable they can lend it out once for a period of 14 days to someone on another account.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012 1:30:16 PM PDT
New Girl says:
You can have different credit cards on your account but you can only have one set up for 1-click purchases which is what the purchase of ebooks and apps uses. You may want to use gift cards for your 1-click purchasing and use your separate credit cards to buy the gift cards if you want to keep the purchases separate.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 7:40:46 PM PDT
R.Emily says:
So I can not share books with my mom is she has a different account than mine?

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 7:41:41 PM PDT
You can if the publishers have enabled lending, but you can only share the book once ever, for 14 days.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 5:23:39 PM PDT
Can I share my kindle fire books with my sister in law? We are under two different accounts?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Nov 27, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions