Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

online banking

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2012 12:59:07 AM PST
How can I do online banking with my new Kindle Fire. Please don't tell me I can. Already through the box away.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 1:02:57 AM PST
musicmomma says:
I do not think you can. I have read a lot of information on the Fire and have not seen anything about that.

I think you would be limited to what your bank allows through their website if you go through the internet on the Fire. I think it would be somewhat difficult because of the size of the screen and print. To me it would be easier on the computer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 1:03:47 AM PST
Okay, then. You can't.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2012 1:18:40 AM PST
Cheryl - I'm not entirely sure if it's necessary to have an app for this, but I can access my banking account through Chase Bank's Android app on my Fire. I haven't tried it, but you might be able to access your bank's site by simply going through the Fire's web browser, but personally, I wouldn't do this nor recommend it for security reasons. Look in Amazon's Android App Store to see if your bank has an app available. Several of the big banks do.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 2:09:04 AM PST
I can use the fire for Chase, Amex, Fidelity thru apps, and my bank thru their online website. If you can access your bank on your PC via the web, you should be able to do the same with the Fire. I have had no problems accessing any banking sites.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 2:35:56 PM PDT
Carol Simon says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 2:51:33 PM PDT
JimmyTheD says:
Zombies!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 6:39:20 PM PDT
Sarida says:
Carol,

You are responding to a question that is almost two years old.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 7:37:25 PM PDT
M. Ratcheson says:
Don't know about US Bank, but there is an app in the Amazon App store for Bank of America.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 8:32:41 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 7:04:06 AM PST]

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 8:37:02 PM PDT
Online banking doesn't necessarily mean having an app. My bank doesn't have an app, but has a very functional online banking system.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 8:48:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 7:04:07 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 8:56:22 PM PDT
You can absolutely, if your bank allows it via a website or app. I bank through two different banks using the Fire - checking balances, bill payment, etc.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 9:12:51 PM PDT
M. Ratcheson says:
Does anyone else here worry about security aspects of doing online banking on any tablet? I figure if there is an app, the bank has worked it out. But online banking from any tablet web browser, especially without a firewall, which I haven't found for any Fire device, concerns me.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 9:23:34 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
I don't have any concerns doing online banking as long as it is from my home wifi network. Your router is your firewall. I would not use online banking on an open network.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 9:32:18 PM PDT
M. Ratcheson says:
No question it is scarier doing it at one's neighborhood Starbucks or McDonalds. But I even wonder about just how secure most home networks are? Yes, just about all of them pass out ip addresses that aren't routable these days. And I think most home users are using encryption to log into their LANs these days. But I worry about it, nonetheless, and simply do my online banking from my reasonably well secured desktop.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 9:36:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2013 9:40:36 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
Believe it or not the firewall on your router is better than any software firewall on any computer. As long as you use strong encryption and have a strong password you are just fine.

Also you mention that you use your reasonably well secured desktop. Is it by chance a Windows computer?? Android is a lot more secure since it is based on Linux. Most viruses and security issues out there only affect Windows computers.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 9:43:46 PM PDT
M. Ratcheson says:
But if someone sitting on the corner, manages to figure out how to log into my LAN? I agree it isn't likely if the router requires encryption this isn't a likely scenario. But anything is possible.

I'll just sleep better if I don't do online banking from *any mobile device, especially from a web browser. Thanks, JJ.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013 9:50:03 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
That is your choice and I respect that. To tell you the truth personally I would never use a Windows computer to do any online banking. As long as you have a strong password and use WPA2 encryption on your router you are fine on mobile devices.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 10:44:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2013 10:49:35 PM PDT
iPadCary says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2013 6:07:06 AM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
So if Rachel Ray said not to eat yams you would stop eating yams then?? Tell me how these unsavory people can get into my computer. If they could just get into any computer they wanted then all the servers world wide would be breached. Those people wouldn't even need to break into my computer they would just do the banks computers and leave out us middlemen. Also your account is insured as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2013 6:24:14 AM PDT
Not to mention the risks involved when you send personal checks out as payments. They can get lost, stolen, damaged. Your account number and your routing number is on every check. There is much more risk involved in using checks than in online banking.

This assumes the network is secure, and the bank uses up-to-date security methods. In the 15 years I've been paying bills online, I have never had one single security issue.

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 3:28:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 5, 2013 7:04:09 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 6, 2015 6:28:56 AM PST
Patti2 says:
I am trying to rid myself of the desktop computer but, I do all of my banking online. Is this advisable with the Kindle Fire?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2015 6:33:39 AM PST
loriltx says:
I don't know if it is possible with a Fire, but I do online banking through the browser on my iPad.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Now Live - Join the Kindle Discussion Session
1385 3 hours ago
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3938 22 seconds ago
FREE Books and Chat - July 2016 608 3 minutes ago
86th RAoK - Let the Games Begin 2164 4 minutes ago
Device Reboot Required error HELP 26 5 minutes ago
Dragi's Croatian Crab Shack and Wine Bar - The Answers Are Blowing In The Wind 1561 7 minutes ago
Secret new product release! 0 14 minutes ago
Wrong download 2 22 minutes ago
Why don't kindle books start in the Cover? 209 34 minutes ago
Fire Tablet 5th Generation SD Card Freezing System 2 46 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions