Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire Home Screen Pixelates While Scrolling

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2011 4:25:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2011 6:07:36 AM PST
Frank says:
Anyone else notice that occasionally the home screen will become pixilated or breaks up while scrolling up and down? All other scrolling (apps, web etc.) are fine. Happens every few hours to me. Re-boot and it goes away and then returns later. I'm thinking memory or software issues here. Anyone else?

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 10:39:38 PM PST
I received my K-Fire this evening when I got in. Plugged it in and got the green light to proceed. After the setup and sign-in I noticed that the screen was almost twitching. The pixels were starting to "pop" in groups. Then it became even more pronounced as the minutes ticked by. I freaked! My Fire was really having some issues. I did a hard reset and then the splash screen [Kindle Fire] was jumping up and down! What a drag as my wife had got hers just a week ago and convinced me to get one. Well needless to say after I watched my screen slowly break into a crazy pixel dance so I was ready to call support, but as I dialed - the Fire crashed into not the 'blue screen of death', but rather a 'grey screen of death'! It was so wild. So after holding down the power button for 15-20 seconds it powered down. A fresh restart looked good for all of 20 seconds, and the splash danced once again and I called support. They are very helpful, yet as I have learned in the past, I bypass the first tier and ask for the call to be escalated to the supervisor. This is where a person will find results and no B.S. about what 'might be the issue'. I think it was pretty obvious this one slipped past QA and the screen or board is fried. I would guess from my technical background that a good 50k-100k pixels were popping at any one time (that's pushing over 10% of the screen). Support is sending a new device in 2 days and I really hope that this is an isolated incident. Has anyone else had serious pixelation issue?

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 10:38:53 AM PDT
mscedrob says:
My kindle fire was just delivered today, after having shipment issues (that's another story). When I selected the first book to review, I noticed pixels on the screen. I didn't think much of it until it happened each time I did anything on the kindle. That's when I went into research mode because this definitely is not normal. Very disappointed because I was so excited to get this for my daughter, but not interested in any problem gadgets.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation Software Update 5.4.5
12 2 hours ago
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle Reading Apps on Android and iOS
113 10 hours ago
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion III 3588 31 seconds ago
Adding search items to the wishlist or the cart 3 4 minutes ago
My kindle fire has no sound and the volume is turned up 265 4 minutes ago
Reporting content errors on kindle.amazon.com 46 9 minutes ago
West Wing no longer available on Prime 46 21 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 1700 28 minutes ago
Speedread Spritz on Kindle 183 50 minutes ago
screen stays horizontal view, won't change vertically kindle fire hd 32 50 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions