Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle Fire HD tethering

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 7, 2012 1:36:59 AM PDT
Does anyone know if the Kindle Fire HD supports tethering, and if you can purchase more data monthly as you need it like on the iPad. Honestly that's the only reason I'm considering an iPad over it. I like how the verizon iPad offers multiple data options and free tethering.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 6:47:53 AM PDT
RudeMatrix says:
Sorry that this is a bit late but in case anyone else is curious! depends which way round your tethering is and what you want to do with it.

From what i can see there is no kindle Fire HD with 3G support, so unless your in a WIFI spot you will not be able to connect to the internet using the Kindle Fire unless you tether it to a phone.

as alot of android phones (not sure about iphone? probably) offer the ability to turn your phone into a wifi hotspot this means you could easily use your phones internet on your kindle fire via this feature.

If however you were planning on doing it the other way round then i am afraid its probably a no or at least a little pointless for what you want.

However i wouldn't choose an Ipad over it purely on that basis, there are plenty of android tablets that offer 3g connectivity, some via inbuilt sims and other via 3g dongles. Then the data plan is entirely down to who you choose as your sim/dongle provider which in theory could be verizon! (i live in the UK so i am not the familiar with verizon)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 6:58:01 AM PDT
We won't know the answer to that until the 4G model ships and someone checks to see if it's in the settings.

Posted on Apr 8, 2013 7:41:20 PM PDT
Can I tether my kindle fire hd using wifi to connect it to my desktop

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 10:08:47 AM PDT
Can I teather my Kindle to my Verizon phone just as I do with my PC but in this case the PC is substituted with the Kindle

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2013 10:14:43 AM PDT
Tinker-bella says:
Only if your Verizon phone is a smartphone that is hotspot capable and you can tether wirelessly.

If you currently tether your Verizon phone to your PC using a cable, you will not be able to use this method to connect your Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2013 12:05:58 PM PDT
what app.do.you.use?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2013 12:28:14 PM PDT
J. Donahue says:
What.app.do.you.want.to.use.?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
News: Software Update for Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle
0 22 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Introduces New Kindle Paperwhite: The Most Popular Kindle, Now Even Better
0 Jun 18, 2015
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
83 and we're RAoKing PRIME 519 46 seconds ago
September 2015 Informal Poll, What are you reading? 111 7 minutes ago
Monthly Fee? 59 9 minutes ago
How do I transfer my books from my old Kindle to my new Kindle Paperwhite? 2 26 minutes ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 4251 30 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage - Documented Issues 481 35 minutes ago
How do i get my book purchases thru I Pad to go to my Iphone 11 43 minutes ago
kindle fire black screen 181 46 minutes ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 3845 49 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Sep 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions