Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Service Centre in India

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 20, 2012 9:07:22 PM PDT
Where can I get my Kindle DX serviced in India

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 10:13:21 PM PDT
You can't get any kindles serviced anywhere. If you contact Amazon they may offer you a replacement at a discount price but they do not do repairs.

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 10:47:21 PM PDT
Nahas says:
I have ordered a samsung s4 mini smartphone yesterday. I need to cancel the order. It is not shipped right now. What i need to know

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 11:34:47 PM PDT
CBRetriever says:
you need to know to ask customer service and not a form of Kindle users - click on the blue Help at the top of this webpage, then click on "Need more help?", them click on Contact Us and proceed from there

Posted on Nov 7, 2014 12:23:00 PM PST
Hey, my kindle Screen broke down where shuld I repair my kindle please healp me thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2014 12:25:04 PM PST
You'll have to Google independent repair services; Amazon doesn't repair them, nor do they recommend services of outside companies.

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 2:39:50 AM PST
Screen of my Kindle 3G has got frozen after a fall. Where can I get it repaired?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2014 4:13:21 AM PST
CBRetriever says:
see the post right before yours

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 6:31:10 AM PST
R. Kalyan says:
The screen of the kindle I have is broken from inside. Help me know where to get it repaired. I live in Mumbai.

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 6:42:12 AM PST
Scott says:
Is anyone actually reading the previous posts where this same question is asked and answered like 3 separate times? You know, before posting it for a fourth, fifth, sixth, or more time.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2015 6:44:29 AM PST
Is this a rhetorical question? No, of course no one reads the posts ahead of theirs. ::eyeroll::

/sarcasm

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2015 6:45:13 AM PST
A. Dietz says:
Did you even bother to read any of the posts in this discussion? Your question has been answered multiple times already.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2015 6:51:07 AM PST
Scott says:
Actually, while admittedly probably a forlorn hope, the idea was to try and "shame" the next person into reading before posting. Even if it only works with a handful of people, it's probably worth the effort.

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 7:19:56 AM PST
Fuzzy says:
The question askers probably all work for Amazon call centers in India.

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 8:36:37 PM PST
Why Don't Amazon put a disclaimer while selling a Kindle that it is an use & throw device and can't be even tried for repair after the warranty period???

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2015 8:40:09 PM PST
T. Cook says:
Because its not needed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2015 9:19:16 PM PST
Artist says:
I've had one Kindle for 5 years, another for 3-1/2 years, and another for 1 year. They're not "use and throw away" -- if you take care of them properly.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2015 6:23:27 AM PST
Scott says:
Why don't they put a disclaimer that it's not a good source of Vitamin C so don't eat your Kindle? Why don't they put a disclaimer that it's not a suitable replacement for toilet paper? How many computers have you purchased that come with a list of authorized repair shops? How about smaller electronics like cell phones or digital cameras? Any other tablet or e-reader makers include any kind of notice about how to get your device repaired? Why not just cut to it and tell us if you can cite even a single example of something you bought, that isn't a repair manual, which tells you either how to fix something or where to go to get it fixed? Can you come up with any? No? Then why should Amazon be the exception?

Posted on Feb 5, 2015 12:20:31 PM PST
Nelson says:
If they won't repair the product, if in case of any damage after a year, they should atleast provide the Indian customers with warranty extension service, they have that for kindle voyage in other countries.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2015 12:37:22 PM PST
CBRetriever says:
But that is not from Amazon - it is from a third party company. Sounds like it might be an excellent business opportunity for someone in India to set up a company like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2015 4:59:55 PM PST
Scott says:
How can they have an extended warranty on the Voyage in other countries when it was released first in the US market less than 6 months ago? Did you maybe mean some other product? Or are you talking about the square trade thing that is offered by a third party as already pointed out?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2015 5:07:04 PM PST
Snoozy says:
The Kindle Voyage hasn't even been released in most other countries...

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 1:28:58 AM PST
Hi. I tool kindle voyage from US when I was last week. I used this for a week and now one fine day the screen has frozen and power button is also not working. can anyone help on this. I stay in india now. The kindle has international warranty. Can any one help on this ?Kindle Voyage 3G, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Free 3G + Wi-Fi

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2015 6:08:52 AM PST
Scott says:
You have to get it replaced most likely. Which would mean packing it up, shipping it back to the US, and probably using some kind of package forwarding company to then send it back to you in India since Amazon will likely only ship to US addresses. You could probably replace the US with some other country where the Voyage has been released if the cost would be lower, but the basic process is the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2015 7:18:50 AM PST
Try a hard reset, first. Make sure the device is charged, then remove the charger from the device. HOLD the power button for a full 30 seconds, ignoring anything you see on the screen.

Release, then let the device do its thing. A reset cures a multitude of errors.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 3962 1 minute ago
Confused about Kindle Unlimited - audio books 211 3 minutes ago
Mr.Spock son of Serek for President 16 6 minutes ago
cat s 40 phone 11 6 minutes ago
netflix not working kindle fire 192 16 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 4810 20 minutes ago
Transferring stuff from one account to another 1 22 minutes ago
Secret new product release! 19 24 minutes ago
Optimizing update? 65 26 minutes ago
Fire stick drops network connection 1549 27 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Jul 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions