Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

FREE Books & Chat, Fri July 19,2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 141 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 18, 2013 9:01:19 PM PDT
KayKay says:
Welcome Yall to the Friday July 19, 2013 edition of FREE Books & Chat.

We love to hear from you regarding anything to do with anything. What free books have you found, what great books have you read,
what's going on in your corner of the world. We just love hearing from you. So please, join in the chat, share away and come back often.
We welcome you and appreciate the opportunity to share with each other.

. . . ⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰ . .

Okay - Business first....

~~~~~~~~~~ SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS ~~~~~~~~~~
You are welcome to join us for conversation, however, self-promotion or
posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. Please
go to the "Meet Our Authors" area for that, as many of us do check there
as well.

**¨) ¸.**¨) ¸.**¨*
(¸.*´ ¸.*´*'~* ★☆★ Links To Free Book Resources . . .

(use the dropdown menu at the top to find other categories of Fiction as well as Non-Fiction)

Gizmo's Freeware: List of freebie sites

Direct Amazon search:,p_36:0-0,p_15=&hidden-keywords=-domain

SEARCH ENGINE: After the search populates, I sort by publication date to find the new freebies.

To Search Amazon directly for Freebies:,p_36:0-0,p_15=&hidden-keywords=-domain
In left-hand column, selections for genres can be made.

·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*
(¸.*´ ¸.·´*' ~* ✿. ❀ .✿ FB&C Start Schedule:
·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*
(¸.*´ ¸.·´*' ~* ♥.☆.♥

Kay Kay- Friday, July 19, Start time 12:00 EDT
Susan - Saturday, July 20 start time 6:30 am EDT
redandwhite - Sunday, July 21 Start time around midnight PDT
Leo Little - Monday, July 22 Start time 11:00pm Sun to midnight PDT
Charlie-bird - Tuesday, July 23 Start time midnight
Sue - Wednesday, July 24 start time 6:30 am EDT
Lover of Books, Friday, July 26 Start Time 11:00pm PT
Robb - Saturday July 27 Start Time 10 PT
Leo Little - Monday, July 29 Start time 11:00pm Sun to midnight PDT

.✿. Open Dates:

Thursday, July 25
Sunday, July 28
Tuesday, July 30
Wednesday, July 31

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info.

We'll help you through it!
There is a template for starters in the google drive,
And many here who will lead, guide, & direct you to help bring our thread to life.
Sometimes we have even been known to hold each others hands. LOL

❀. ✿ .❀ If conversation doesn't interest you please visit our sister thread:

Freebie BOOKS - Links Only - No Self Promotion...

❀. ✿ .❀ Link to the FB&C Group Cookbook thread:

❀. ✿ .❀ Birthday & Anniversary List, Bio's and other important FB&C information:

❀. ✿ .❀ Link To Yesterday's Thread:

. . ⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰⊹⊱✿ ✿⊰ . .

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 9:04:25 PM PDT
KayKay says:

With many eyes on St Mary's Hospital in London I was hoping to wish the Royal Baby a Happy Birthday today. But, no sight of a lil one yet. However, the Queen did make a speedy exit from an Ashes 2013 cricket match creating curosity as to her hurry.

Do you believe that the royal baby will be a boy or a girl?

Do you have any guesses as to what he/she will be named?

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 9:08:03 PM PDT
KayKay says:

Since the arrival of the most famous baby has not yet occurred, I have another to wish a Happy Belated Birthday and share some of his wisdom with the group.
July, 18th was the 95th Birthday of Nelson Mandela and in celebration of his birthday, here are some of his most memorable words of wisdom:

1. "It always seems impossible until it's done."

2. "I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one's head pointed toward the sun, one's feet moving forward.
There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death."

3. "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."

4. "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate,
they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."

5. "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

6. "Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies."

7. "I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill,
one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come.
But I can only rest for a moment, for with freedom come responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not ended."

8. "I am not a saint, unless you think of a saint as a sinner who keeps on trying."

9. "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

10. "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 9:10:18 PM PDT
KayKay says:
A freebie to start the thread

Regent (Godsland Series: Book Four)

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 9:37:32 PM PDT
KayKay says:
Jump Start Your Gluten-Free Diet! Living with Celiac / Coeliac Disease & Gluten Intolerance (Let's Eat Out with Celiac / Coeliac & Food Allergies!)

The Elimination Diet Journey: What It's Like to Identify Food Sensitivities and Intolerances by Avoiding Dairy, Gluten, Egg, Soy, Corn, Tomato, Caffeine, and Other Allergenic Foods

Living Gluten Free: The Complete Beginner's Guide

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 10:04:55 PM PDT
KayKay says:
OK y'all, I am about to try to find that elusive sleep, lol. See you all right back here a little later.

To all that come as I sleep ( hopefully). WELCOME ! ! !

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 10:43:22 PM PDT
Scary Sandy says:
Sleep well, KayKay.. I just woke up.. so I guess that I will be around for awhile..

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 10:51:47 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ KayKay
What a wonderful start - two very important people to celebrate.
Just love the Nelson Mandela quotes and was going to say which one I thought was particularly appropriate to define the FB&C posters- but I am having a problem choosing just one, so I will go with 1, 9 and 10
Thank you all for being here and enriching my life ♥

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 10:55:19 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
Hi Sandy
You just woke up ...... sounds like your sleep pattern is a bit off, so I am sorry about that, hope it is not due to not feeling well, still worry about you you know.
Have to get ready for work right now ..... but I will be back

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 10:58:38 PM PDT
Lyn says:
Night Kay.
Heading to bed myself. Thanks for the quotes. Like Red, I am having a hard time choosing. But I do like 9 and 10.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 10:58:51 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ Donna
Perhaps you are out there right now ?..?
With ref to your posts on yesterdays thread about eReaderIQ, you need to click on the tab "My Notifications" and do a bit of checking/tidying there - also you could send Christian an email and ask exactly what N/A means for your list - if you do please post his reply.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 11:15:51 PM PDT
Thank you for the start today KayKay. As to the Royal Baby, I think the baby will be a girl.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 11:29:42 PM PDT
Scary Sandy says:
If it is a girl I think it would be nice for her to be named Dianna but I'm sure that won't be the case..
Her grandmother was such a sweet spirit..

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 11:39:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2013 1:10:49 AM PDT
Sandy, maybe a middle name of Diana might work if the baby is a girl. I hadn't even thought of it, but Dianna was a lovely woman and a great mother.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013 11:44:10 PM PDT
Scary Sandy says:
I think it would be such an honor.

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 1:02:01 AM PDT
KayKay says:
I truly think Mr Mandela is a great person with much wisdom. I love so many of his quotes that it is hard to choose just one.

As for the Duchess and the Royal baby I think that she carried low which IMHO seems to indicate a boy. Like Sandy & LOB - if it is a girl I think having Diana as a part of her name would be awesome. Lady Di was another great person with much wisdom for her short life.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2013 1:10:31 AM PDT
KayKay, are you having trouble sleeping?

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 1:17:13 AM PDT
KayKay says:
So are the nights of my life, lol. Toss turn drift off then wake right up. Just fixed a chamoille tea , maybe that will help a bit.

Love the Dr Seuss, btw

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2013 1:44:33 AM PDT
Thank you.... I hope the tea helps. I am getting ready to head to bed soon. Just waiting for my youngest to come home. He went to a late movie with friends and texted to say he's on his way.

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 2:15:57 AM PDT
Susan says:
Good Morning all, nice start KayKay. Love Nelson Mandela :)
I'll go with #4.

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 3:32:31 AM PDT
Susan says:
Frozen Prospects (The Guadel Chronicles Volume 1)
The invitation to join the secretive Guadel should have been the fulfillment of dreams Va'del didn't even realize he had. When his sponsors are killed in an ambush a short time later, he instead finds his probationary status revoked, and becomes a pawn between various factions inside the Guadel ruling body.

Jain's never known any life but that of a Guadel in training. She'd thought herself reconciled to the idea of a loveless marriage for the good of her people, but meeting Va'del changes everything. Their growing attraction flies against hundreds of years of precedent, but as wide-spread attacks threaten their world, the Guadel have no choice but to use even Jain and Va'del in their fight for survival.

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 3:40:09 AM PDT
Dead Love mystery, romance

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 3:56:30 AM PDT
redandwhite says:

other laughs

and for those suffering in the heat

Posted on Jul 19, 2013 4:15:25 AM PDT
redandwhite says:
I am a little confused here since I bought this book in December 2011 with ASIN B0050P4N26 (with no mention of the book being part of a book set !!) and now it seems what I bought, then, is now called Part 2 - anyway if this is so then I will need to get Part 1 as well - and that is free today:

Past Imperfect #1 by John Matthews
Publication Date: August 1, 2012
Past Imperfect #1:

Two boys.

One Murder.

Sometimes justice takes more than a lifetime.

Past Imperfect #1 is part of a two book set. Book #1 has a build up of events and characters with resolution to a number of these. However, book #2 is required for resolution to all events, which in total spans 30 years in a major crime investigation.

Book #1 is approx 280 pages and Book #2 approx 360 pages. Both editions are available on Kindle.

A car accident in California, a deadly assault in Provence, and two boys 30 years apart are left battling for their lives.

Dominic Fornier is the detective who finds himself at the heart of the investigation. A simple provincial case that becomes one of the largest and most important in French criminal history.

Fornier's only hope is to prove the link between the two boys thirty years apart. A compulsive journey through forensic, medical and psychiatric evidence between France, the USA and London; a breathless paper chase of clues from a young boy's psyche... and a desperate race against time with a killer who will stop at nothing.

NOT FREE NOW Past Imperfect #2 (Crime, legal thriller (mystery, legal)) by John Matthews NOT FREE NOW

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2013 4:35:18 AM PDT
In honor of Nelson Mandela's birthday, Audible has a free audiobook -

Thanks for starting.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What's New in IOS Version 4.12?
0 4 hours ago
Introducing Fire-Setting an Entirely New Standard for a Tablet under $50
0 20 days ago
Introducing the All-New Fire HD: Powerful Tablets Designed for Entertainment
0 20 days ago
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 4347 36 seconds ago
October 2015 Informal Poll, What are you reading? 95 50 seconds ago
The Quirkier, The Better! Bring Your Dogs, Cats, Exploding Chickens, So Geese, Fighting Turkeys, Goats, Fluffy Sheep, Cows, Velvet Monkeys, Big Honking Bats, Fishlettes And Cherie! Tally Ho! 939 1 minute ago
Suggestions for Kindle features 579 19 minutes ago
Animal 4 Last Rites 5 20 minutes ago
Is there a downside to overcharging a Kindle battery? 3 22 minutes ago
Australian/Kiwi kindle users thread #4 - "the BBQ" 5946 23 minutes ago
On the run The Baddest Chick 5 3 26 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  141
Initial post:  Jul 18, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions