Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

soft reset

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2008 9:30:39 AM PDT
Ellen Sears says:
my Kindle has frozen...i found a comment on a soft reset but can find the instructions... i'm in the hospital and kindle is a big success... and i need to reset it.... HELP PLS

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 9:43:35 AM PDT
Judith Kent says:
why not just do a hard reset? take off the back cover, find the little hole between the sd card holder and the battery. that is the reset. use something that will fit in the hole, i use an open paper clip, and insert it. hold for about 5-10 seconds. the kindle will reset itself. nothing will be lost and all should be well.
hope this helps
judy

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 3:53:57 PM PDT
L. MB says:
if you go to the settings page, then to menu in settings it has a "restart" which works like a soft reset.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 4:20:10 PM PDT
Two reset options:

1. The paperclip that Judith described.
2. Press Alt-Shift (up arrow)-R

Good luck and get well soon!

LHN

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2008 4:40:43 PM PDT
Teninx says:
I've observed that when the Kindle is frozen and locked up, the menu reset will be inaccessible and it won't respond to the keyboard reset.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 7:27:36 AM PST
how do i get the back off easily?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2012 9:27:36 AM PST
Deborah - you resurrected a thread from FOUR YEARS ago. The model of Kindle being discussed is nothing like yours. You cannot take the back off your Kindle and there is no reset hole hidden under it.

To reset your Kindle hold the power button On for 30 seconds. If your Kindle is a Fire, you should then click power once to restart it. If it isn't a Fire, just wait for it to reboot.

Posted on Dec 2, 2013 9:09:11 AM PST
A. OBrien says:
My Kindle's been dead for a week or so, and I can't seem to get it to charge.... Help?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2013 9:14:35 AM PST
And why did you dig up a thread from 2008 to post this? Click "Ask a New Question" and try again. And be sure to mention what kind of Kindle it is, as you were also asked to do in the box you posted in.

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 10:35:00 AM PDT
Mrs D.Potts says:
My kindle keeps coming up with wrong time and I get open anything .How can I rectify this please

Posted on Oct 16, 2015 10:35:35 AM PDT
Mrs D.Potts says:
My kindle keeps coming up with wrong time and I get open anything .How can I rectify this please

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2015 10:56:00 AM PDT
Miss Carol says:
What device is it? Just the word "Kindle" doesn't help anyone here. And can you be a little more clear about what you're asking - it doesn't make much sense.

Posted on May 7, 2016 7:32:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2016 7:36:53 PM PDT
Mike H says:
There are instructions on how to do a hard reset and a soft reset of each generation of Kindle here:
http://www.brainchamber.com/2013/06/15/kindle-reset-procedures/

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2016 8:25:07 PM PDT
 Ann says:
That post is full of incorrect information.

Posted on May 8, 2016 3:45:14 AM PDT
And the original post was eight years ago. I wonder if she's still following the thread?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2008
Latest post:  May 8, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions