Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Pottermore?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 26, 2012 5:56:53 PM PDT
JTS says:
Has anyone purchased the Harry Potter series from Pottermore and transferred them to their Kindle? Did you have any problems with the transaction?

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:59:15 PM PDT
Jazzy_Jeff says:
A lot of people did and no problems.

Posted on May 26, 2012 6:17:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2012 6:17:51 PM PDT
A slightly disconcerting apparent hiccup that turned out not to be one, yes. But it worked in the end. (I'm in Australia, and it was to do with the fact that my kindle is on my US amazon account but the Pottermore shop appeared to be trying to force me to sign in to my amazon UK account.)

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 8:18:42 PM PDT
The only issue was that, at least at first, the books automatically downloaded to ALL Kindles on your account, including the reading apps! I don't know if they fixed this later.

Posted on May 26, 2012 8:23:43 PM PDT
Did anyone buy the Harry Potter series using gift cards from their amazon account. I cant figure out how to pay for the series with my gift card.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 8:25:17 PM PDT
You're not buying the books through Amazon, so Amazon gift cards aren't going to work.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 8:34:15 PM PDT
If you buy through Pottermore, gift cards can't be used, although if you link to your amazon account the books do appear in your MYK library. You can buy the books from amazon individually (though it costs more) and use a GC.

JTS, read this thread for discussion about the purchasing process:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxQGAUDREC149G&cdMsgID=Mx3IKD0JAD83RBY#Mx3IKD0JAD83RBY

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 8:36:04 PM PDT
AmeliaAT says:
Yep, and with no problems. They now sit happily in my Kindle library along with all of my other Amazon books. Also downloaded them in ePub directly from Pottermore onto my computer.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  May 26, 2012
Latest post:  May 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions