Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Image formatting for Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 9, 2014 2:10:57 PM PDT
Marcy Lifavi says:
Hoping someone can answer this question: How should I format images to go into my Kindle e-book? I have 14 jpeg images that I want to be 300 dpi resolution (Amazon's own recommendations). What are the best pixel dimensions that will work for the most popular devices?

When I choose 300 dpi res and a maximum width of 1000 pixels wide, the images show a document size of approx. 3.3" x 4.3". Isn't that too small for Amazon to accept? And if I go with 800 pixels wide, the doc size gets even smaller! Please help!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2014 2:20:16 PM PDT
Miss Carol says:
You'll probably want to search for author forums - this is a customer forum for people who own Kindles. I'd start with Meet Our Authors (link at the bottom of the page) - they'll be able to direct you to the right place to get your question answered I'm sure.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
June Informal Poll -- What are you reading? 187 3 minutes ago
Amazon Oasis 1957 6 minutes ago
Amazon Echo outside US 105 19 minutes ago
Kindle fire HD 8.9 0 25 minutes ago
Where can I get my Kindle fixed? 182 32 minutes ago
FREE Books & Chat - June 2016 584 35 minutes ago
using android car charger to charge my kindle 5 45 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 1610 49 minutes ago
Kindle and RokuTV 4 49 minutes ago
The time and battery useage icon only appear on the opening screen. 1 50 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 9, 2014
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions