Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Feel The Need To Rant Unchallenged? You've Come To The Right Place! Come On In And Rant Away!

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 5, 2012 11:53:06 AM PDT
If you just want to rant unchallenged, be our guest. No need to worry about logic.

Everyone has a Rant or two in them. You know you do. ;-) So 'fess up and post 'em here! Even if your Rant makes no sense it won't matter to us.

We LOVE Rants! All Rants. Big rants, Little rants. Short Rants. Long Rants. Drive by Rants. Hang around and chat Rants. Sad Rants. Mad Rants.

We love to rant and we love to hear your rants.

After all, we aren't called "The Rant Family" for nothing!

Only two rules:

1) Do not mention anyone's name who you know is a poster on Amazon.

2) Please leave religious and political rants out, since they inevitably lead to arguing.

The following posts will give you a little glimpse of The Rant Family's Homestead. There are also plenty of guest suites if you feel you need a bit of a vacation from reality.

So, come one, come all, and rant away!

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 11:53:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 5, 2012 12:08:27 PM PDT
A partial description of our new home:

I took one of the helicopters out to check on the new house progress today and it's coming along nicely.

I had two olympic sized pools put in. One indoor and one outside. There is also one lap pool and I've added two kiddie pools with small fountains.

There are 14 ponds on the property, two with small waterfalls and most are well suited for swimming. I am having the two largest ones (I think those are too big to be called ponds, they are small lakes.) stocked for fishing and they are also suitable for boating and skiing.

There are 3 natural hot spring pools, only one of which is near the house. I've arranged for delivery (on Monday) of eight mini mokes for transportation around the property.

I ordered four red and four white.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_Moke

There are two communal hot tubs outside, one is screened in. Both have multi level decks around them and the railing that surrounds them are all designed to hold large flower boxes. There is one large communal jacuzzi in the orchid garden sunroom and of course individual jacuzzis in each suite.

The media room seats 20. There is also a large communal room with three large screen TVs (wired so that the same channels will be on all of them) for casual family gatherings.

This room houses four spacious couches with giant ottomans and eight recliners and overstuffed easy chairs with ottomans.

There are also two separate playrooms for the little ones and one smaller media room for them as well. I had a lot of fun stocking these chock full of educational games and toys and furnished with the cutest little child sized furniture ever.

The wide wrap around porch that circles the entire house will have plenty of porch swings and gliders and plenty of lounge chairs and rockers.

All of the furniture will be delivered on Monday and the electronics are mostly already in and wired up. Anyone that has any special requests, please let me know before Monday. I have arranged fot a crew of 165 carpenters, plumbers, electricians, decoraters and general construction crews to be at the house between now and Monday. They will be working three shifts. 84 hours should be enough time for them to add any last minute requests and complete the finishing touches.

Oh, while I'm thinking of it, if anyone wants something other than marble countertops and 12"x 12" Mediterranean tile floors in their bathrooms, please let me know. The private areas consist of four rooms. Bedroom, bath, dressing room and sitting room comprise each suite. There are twelve of these plus I have added 6 smaller guest suites with private baths.

Oh. I forgot to mention, there are 5 outdoor showers easily accessible from the pool, jacuzzi and hot tubs.

Grace. The barn is nearly complete as is the white fencing for the pastures. I have arranged the turn out pastures so that each is accessible directly from the barn. I have had them double fenced (12' apart) where they have adjoining sides.

The house itself is a single story. I thought that best, considering every one's varying degrees of ability.

I almost forgot to mention the two gaming rooms. One will be for the billiards tables and the other furnished with tables and seating for cards, backgammon and board games. Both have well stocked wet bars.

Family game nights are Tuesdays and Thursdays although of course anyone may use them any time, day or night. If anyone wants specific but unusual games (now, now. None of THOSE kind of games) to be included, please inform me so that I may arrange for purchase and delivery.

I think you will enjoy the beautiful chess sets I have chosen, some are marble, some hand carved ivory, some with chess pieces of precious metals. I have included two three dimensional chess sets.

There is also a large gym and two separate work out areas with state of the art equipment. We have four full time massage therapists that will be living in one of the eight gatehouses. They will be on call 24/7. I thought we'd start with four and if that is not enough, we can always add more.

We also have three highly qualified physical therapists on staff. At least one of these therapists will be in the PT room at all times to accommodate those who find themselves in need of an unscheduled session, day or night.

There's more but that's all for now, dear and loving ranters. I hope everyone is having a well deserved relaxing evening and a peaceful night's sleep.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 11:55:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 6, 2012 5:36:25 PM PDT
Reserved.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 12:13:42 PM PDT
Tangie, it is beautiful. Thank you.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 12:29:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 5, 2012 12:30:21 PM PDT
Ooh! This is nice! Guided tour available? Too large. I'll get lost here!
Edit: send golf cart! Too far to walk!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 12:38:22 PM PDT
TY, Grace. I think it will serve us well.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 12:41:16 PM PDT
YaY! Just in time - my couch self-destructed just five minutes ago - only the part I sit on, of course - a loud POP and I was suddenly three inches shorter while seated :( I've always hated this couch but was leery about getting a new one while I still have a cat with claws; oh well; shopping, here I come (something I absolutely hate to do). Does Ammy sell (and deliver) couches? ***sigh****

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 12:43:12 PM PDT
The mini mokes are for outside (see link above.) No golf carts in the house!

There are ten fully charged hoverounds for in house transportation,

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 12:59:11 PM PDT
Excellent title and posts. This is a terrific upgrade!

You have done well, my pheasant. :)

May your new Rant franchise live long and prosper!

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 1:02:01 PM PDT
Warren BONES says:
Yeah, right. Like you could go on a rant about how useless amazon is and expect it to be here tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 1:04:05 PM PDT
People do it all the time. And they even start threads about it, which exist to this day.

Here's just one of many:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/top%20reviewers?cdForum=Fx2Z5LRXMSUDQH2&cdThread=Tx2OLGGVVZYJ259

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 1:31:43 PM PDT
YAY! Hello, new home! I was lurking and playing ketchup when the move happened. Very nice, Tangie.

And to update on my "thrush" - nope, not that. But my PCP listened to my lungs, said they don't sound good (but stopped short of saying it was pneumonia....) and then checked my sinuses (okay), my throat - yeah, red but not bad, and ears.....and said, is your left ear bothering you? Me: No. He: Well, it should be........

Ear infection, so I'm on antibiotics. He blames the plane flight back from Mexico two weeks ago for the cold symptoms, the stuffy lungs, and the ear infection. All that lovely recycled air for hours.....

But I'm on antibiotics, and am already feeling better.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 1:34:50 PM PDT
That's good news and a breath of fresh air! Haha!

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 1:35:42 PM PDT
Oh dear! Seven dead at Sikh temple shooting in Milwaukee!

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 1:39:36 PM PDT
Hey, all, just a drive by.

I've been crazy studying for the GRE, and thus haven't had the chance to read the old thread. Unlikely that I will go back and read the hundreds of posts.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to eat dinner before I start freaking out again, and I probably won't be back on until Tuesday. May or may not read up on the posts, or may just pick up where we are on Tuesday.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 2:45:06 PM PDT
Oh no! Poor, sweet Heather. Betrayed by a piece of furniture. No fair! I had a couch do that to me once. It was quite surprising to say the least. The jolt of dropping didn't hurt you, did it? ((((((Heather))))

New house came not a moment too soon for me, either.

My house is old, nearly 400 years old. My couch, where my nest is, sits about 10' away from the back living room wall.

About an hour ago, I was in my nest talking to my son on the phone and I heard a very very loud crash behind me.

My ROM is very limited in my neck but I managed to turn far enough to see that the three foot deep windowsill no loger had a ceiling. Just a large hole where the beams, cement, rock and pointing from the stones that comprise the outside walls of my house.

I can how see the back sides of the outer wall of stones and pointing. *le sigh*

Mr. Tangie literally flew up the stairs because of course he thought I fell. He's very darkly tanned from minimal clothing mowing these past four months but his face was totally ghostly white when he burst into the living room.

It's a very good thing this room is huge. It takes up the entire second floor of the house. If it were smaller, my couch would be under that window.

Not only would my Fire would be smashed to bits (I wonder if they've ever replaced a fire damaged by a falling ceiling?) i would have mega bruises and stitch requiring cuts and most likely a concussion or a cracked open skull. Another hospital visit, I do not need. Thank you very much. ;)

Some of the fill rocks that go behind the exterior pointed fieldstone walls are 18" or more in diameter and so heavy, I could not lift them. They are very jagged and rough. Thank karma I wasn't sitting at the desktop as the office chair is directly under and up against the window and wall. :>0 *yikes**

(

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 3:10:27 PM PDT
BethW says:
New home looks lovely.

I am impressed, just had a phone call from the Dr/allergist with results of last weeks blood tests. This is because two more episodes of face swelling. Bottom line is call tomorrow for scheduling more tests but still 6pm on a Sunday.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 3:12:58 PM PDT
Oh Man! The basement again?!? Why do I always get the basement?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 3:18:49 PM PDT
Thank you, my Queen. I was hoping your majesty would not be displeased.

Although most days it is not very useful, I am still rather fond of my head. It and I have become used to one another's presence.

* curtsies gracefully, bows head and backs out of room, eyes downcast*

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 3:36:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 6, 2012 5:28:35 PM PDT
Thanks for checking in CC. ;) I thought that's what you were doing while you were mia

Appreciated. Study hard. Ace your tests. Then come back and tell all. ;>)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 3:54:04 PM PDT
Maybe you should ask for whips and chains and such and turn it into a dungeon.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 3:56:58 PM PDT
Love the new place!

The goats seem to as well, and here's some pics of some of the veggies.
A little overgrown, but the honey bees are happy.

http://s1074.photobucket.com/albums/w411/isanythingopen/Aug%202012/

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 3:58:23 PM PDT
~nospin says:
Oh my goodness.
Just the noise would have sent me into spasm.
Was the desk and chair destroyed?
How did the floor hold up?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 4:19:18 PM PDT
Good news, Breezy. Hope you get all better soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 4:23:03 PM PDT
Of course you could. Whether you chose to do so or not is entirely up to you.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
NEWS: New Update for Kindle for Android 4.6
89 1 hour ago
Announcement
Update re: Amazon/Hachette Business Interruption
0 Jul 29, 2014
Announcement
Hachette/Amazon Business Interruption
0 May 27, 2014
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
Organizing books on Kindle paperwhite? 101 39 seconds ago
Why won't my kindle fire download books? 118 1 minute ago
Kindle Ink 7 4 minutes ago
RAoK #78 and still going! 3675 8 minutes ago
big "low battery" symbol on screen but can't recharge 51 9 minutes ago
BAAA© Amazing Kindle Books and Helpful Tips #3 2057 11 minutes ago
Kindle Fire Repair - 105 13 minutes ago
Already Read Marker in Kindle books account?? 4 21 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  100
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Aug 5, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions