Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How many ebooks are able to be stored on the kindle fire 8.9 hdx tablet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2014 6:47:12 PM PST
How many ebooks are able to be stored on the kindle fire 8.9 hdx tablet?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2014 7:01:07 PM PST
seedlady says:
strictly as a guess, about 300-400, then it will begin to slow down. i try to keep just 300 books on each device, which is still almost a year's supply. i let amazon store all the rest offsite for me. ( i have 4 kindles, and find having instant access to a thousand to sixteen hundred books each day enough.)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2014 7:19:43 PM PST
Mike says:
Lots. And, it depends on how much memory you bought and what else you have downloaded to it. Why do you ask?

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 7:23:04 PM PST
I got more than 2,000 ebooks (text only) on my old Kindle Keyboard...which claims to have 4GB of storage space, and which was advertised as being able to store up to 3,500 ebooks. The Fires have several times as much storage capability, and so should be able to hold much more. My 32GB Fire HDX should-theoretically-be able to store 8 times as much as my Kindle Keyboard...for 16,000 e-books...theoretically. Of course, having movies, games, Audible e-books, etc, on the device cuts way down on the storage space.

On that same Kindle Keyboard, with no songs, and no text only e-books, I could only store a maximum of 32 Audible e-books. On each of my e-reader Kindles-Keyboard, and Basics-any time I got more than 800 e-books stored on one of them, it slowed the loading, page turns, etc, way down. Having less than 800 e-books on a device gave me no problems. It sort of depends, though, on how large each book file is. There are short books like A Thief In The Night, and there are long books like War And Peace.

I now have several Kindles, and store different types of e-books on each...Mysteries on one, Histories on another, etc. That lets me spread my thousands of e-books around to different devices, in an organized manner, and keep fewer items on each device. I can also more easily locate a desired item. If I want to read a book on Quantum Mechanics, I pick up my 'Science Fact' Kindle, rather than my 'History' Kindle. I do less searching, and still have all my e-books within easy reach at all times.

Posted on Feb 17, 2014 7:50:10 PM PST
GnomeEd says:
Also, you can keep eBooks stored in the cloud when you don't want them on the device. You can download them whenever you want to. If the eBooks are purchased through amazon then cloud storage is unlimited.

So really, how many books do you need on the device at any one time?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Enjoy your print books and personal documents on your Kindle with Kindle Convert.
0 27 days ago
Announcement
Have a Kindle Question?
0 Sep 12, 2012
It's After Midnight and I Just Opened a Bottle of Wine 2451 48 seconds ago
book sent in error 1 2 minutes ago
Future proofing kindle books 108 5 minutes ago
Kindle Voyage and Audio 45 6 minutes ago
Great Device 9 13 minutes ago
Amazon Echo (no invite questions) 2843 17 minutes ago
kindle fire HD 7" randomly turns off 258 19 minutes ago
Kindle or Amazon marketing 34 20 minutes ago
Kindle Paperwhite light question! 13 22 minutes ago
We're an International Quirky Bunch! Home of Super Hero Sisters, Panama, Many Furry Friends, Featuring Fat Jane the Spanx Wearing Goat, and Cherie! It's the Apocalypse! 7245 26 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 17, 2014
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions